[HISTORY: Adopted by the Township Committee of the Township of Montville by Ord. No. 1308 as Chs. 9.04, 9.08 and 9.12 of the 1998 Code. Amendments noted where applicable.]
- A retail or wholesale establishment.
- DISORDERLY ASSEMBLAGE
- Any two or more persons gathered together and acting in a boisterous, noisy, riotous, offensive, disorderly or threatening manner toward each other or others, or committing any act or acts which in any way breach or disturb the peace or tend to breach or disturb the peace.
- DISORDERLY HOUSE
- Any building or structure or any part thereof which is used for gambling or which is frequented by prostitutes, criminals, gamblers, vagrants or persons violating the law or in which the law is habitually violated.
- HOUSE OF ILL FAME
- Any building or structure or any part thereof in which prostitution, lewdness or other unlawful sexual acts are permitted.
- Any person under the age of 18 years.
- PERSON, PERSONS, HIS or HER
- Any human being, including minors. Includes corporations. The singular number as used herein shall include the plural.
[Amended 2-28-2006 by Ord. No. 2006-09]Any person, firm or corporation violating any of the provisions of this chapter shall be subject to such penalties as are provided for in Chapter 1, Article III, General Penalty.
[Amended 11-25-2008 by Ord. No. 2008-43]No person or persons, whether owner, tenant, occupant or guest, shall suffer or take part in any drunken, riotous or other disorderly conduct that shall disturb the peace and quiet of any family or neighbor or any of the inhabitants of this Township.
A. No person shall intentionally appear on any street, avenue, road, highway or other public place in a state of nudity, or make any indecent exposure of his or her person, or commit or cause to be committed or participate in the commission of any lewd or indecent act or behavior.
B. No person or persons shall urinate or defecate or commit any kindred nuisance in any public street, highway, public or quasi-public place, such street, highway, public or quasi-public place not being provided for such purpose.
A. Prohibited acts.
(1) No person shall maliciously destroy, damage or injure any property within the Township, public or private, other than his own.
(2) No person shall destroy or aid or abet in destroying any public building or public work and no person shall injure, tarnish, deface or besmirch any public building, work, tree, light or traffic post, fence, streetlight post, telephone, telegraph or electric power pole, fire hydrant, aboveground facilities, monument, statue, flagpole or the contents and fixtures of any public play area, park or stadium.
(3) No person or persons shall willfully upset refuse containers or garbage cans or containers.
(4) No person or persons shall throw objects from a moving vehicle within Township limits.
(5) No person or persons shall destroy, tamper with or injure any post, alarm box, wire, whistle, bell or other apparatus or mechanism or equipment belonging to the fire alarm system, or interfere with the same or any part thereof, damaging such or causing a false alarm.
(6) No person or persons shall injure, damage or tamper with, at any time or at any place, any fire truck or fire engine or similar apparatus, hose, ladders, police cars or police equipment. No person shall drive a motor vehicle or other vehicle over fire hose or fire equipment except as authorized by the fire officer in charge.
B. No person or persons shall affix, in any manner whatsoever, on telephone, telegraph or light or power poles or public buildings, any handbills, placards or displays or advertisements of any kind or nature; provided, however, that this provision shall not apply to the posting of such public notices as may be required by law or the municipal governing body.
[Amended by Ord. No. 2000-10; 10-9-2007 by Ord. No. 2007-43]
A. No person owning a dog, cat, or other animal shall allow such animal to run at large within the boundaries of the Township except in designated areas within the Montville Township Dog Park with a permit.
B. No person owning a dog, cat, or other animal shall allow such animal within the boundaries of any municipal playground. Pets on a leash are permitted outside playground areas in all Township parks. Any person owning, harboring, keeping or in charge of any animal shall be responsible to immediately remove any animal waste in accordance with § 91-23, Defiling on public property prohibited.
A. Playgrounds at the William Mason School, Woodmont School, Hilldale School, Valley View School, Cedar Hill School and Middle School. Signs containing notice of these regulations shall be conspicuously posted on these properties by the Board of Education.