City of Mendota, IL
La Salle County
By using eCode360 you agree to be legally bound by the Terms of Use. If you do not agree to the Terms of Use, please do not use eCode360.
Table of Contents
Table of Contents
[The following real estate transactions have taken place in the City since January 1, 1983. For a complete description of the property affected, consult the original ordinance, on file in the City offices.]

§ A401-1 List of real estate sales and conveyances.

The following bids for the sale of City-owned real estate have been accepted and/or conveyances made since January 1, 1983:
Adoption Date
Description
2-7-1983
Sale to Thomas O. Kindler of Lot 6, except the west 32 feet thereof, in Block 47, in the original town
12-19-1983
Sale to David and Earlene Hof of part of Lots 2 and 3 in Block 17 in Illinois Central Railroad Company's addition to Mendota, generally located at 1205 6th Avenue (Dalene's Foods)
8-20-1984
Sale to Donald Holdenrid, Jr. of approximately 0.90 acre of property generally located at Route 51
6-3-1985
Sale to Leo Muhlach of Lots 4 and 5, except the east 72 feet of each and lot 6, in Block 2 of the Illinois Central Railroad Company's addition to the City, 601 8th Street
1-18-1988
Sale to Department of Transportation of approximately 3.583 acres of an unimproved portion of the former Illinois Central Gulf Railroad right-of-way
6-6-1988
Sale to Ross and Patricia Beatty of unimproved portion of the former Illinois Central Gulf Railroad right-of-way encompassed by East and West Main Streets, that would be located in the 1900 and 2000 blocks of the respective Main Street addresses
6-6-1988
Sale to Tom Smith of an unimproved portion of the former Illinois Central Gulf Railroad right-of-way encompassed by East and West Main Streets, that would be located in the 1900 and 2000 blocks of the respective Main Street addresses
5-15-1989
Sale to James Wade of Parcels 1 and 2 as described in adopting ordinance
3-5-1990
Sale to Marty and Wanda Cassidy of the west 0 feet of Lots 9 and 10 in Block 33 of the Illinois Central Railroad Company's addition to City
10-19-1992
Sale to Dan Hochstatter of unimproved property at the northeast corner of the intersection of County Highway Nos. 19 and 13 in the Township of Troy Grove
6-7-1993
Conveyance to Graves Public Library District of approximately 1.49 acres of the Southwest Quarter of Section 28, Township 36 North, Range 1, east of the Third Principal Merdian
4-20-1998
Conveyance to Michael and LeRoy Wirth of a portion of Fourth Street east of the Burlington Central Railroad tracks
3-18-2002
Sale of Advanced Drainage Systems of 27 acres in the industrial part at Route 34 and I39
3-18-2002
Sale to Kunz Engineering of property at 2100 Welland Road
4-15-2002
Sale to Mendota Farmers Coop Supply Company of property at 902 6th Avenue
10-20-2003
Sale to Lilja Tilling Service of property at 2000 East 5th Road
11-3-2003
Sale to Terri S. Dunning of property at 1505 Industrial Drive
11-17-2003
Sale to Advance Drainage Systems of property on Industrial Drive
6-7-2004
Sale to Milepost 66 Rail Service Ltd. of property on North 44th Road
9-19-2005
Sale to Dean Cotton of property on Eighth Avenue
9-19-2005
Sale to Dean Cotton of property on Eighth Avenue
10-3-2005
Reaffirming sale to Dean Cotton of property on Eighth Avenue
10-17-2005
Reaffirming sale to Dean Cotton of property on Eighth Avenue
12-19-2005
Sale to Kevin and Chad Frey of poperty in the Mendota Business Park Subdivision
8-20-2007
Sale to Midwest Energy of the north 2 acres of Lot 6 in the Mendota Business Park Subdivision
8-20-2007
Sale to Devang U. Brahmbhatt of property in the Mendota Business Park
2-16-2009
Sale to Midwest Energy of Central Illinois of a portion of Lot 6 in the Mendota Business Park

§ A401-2 List of real estate purchases.

The following purchases of real estate for public purposes have been made by the City since January 1, 1983:
Adoption Date
Description
8-3-1987
ICG Railroad property — A & B
10-19-1987
Portions of the Illinois Central Gulf Railroad Company's abandoned Amboy District
12-21-1987
Approximately 5.48 acres in the Northeast Quarter of Section 9, Township 35 North, Range 1, east of the Third Principal Meridian in LaSalle County
12-21-1987
Portion of the Illinois Central Gulf Railroad Company's abandoned Amboy District
11-15-1993
1.20-acre parcel east of the City wastewater treatment plant
11-15-1993
5.00-acre parcel north of the City wastewater treatment plant
10-3-1994
Suzanne Marmion property, located north of the existing municipal swimming pool/Little League baseball field on Meriden Street
2-2-1998
Property of Juanita Hartford, a portion of Lot 7, Block 28 in West's Addition
1-25-1999
Property of Bertha Mauer Trust; the east half of the northeast quarter and the east half of the southeast quarter of Section 26 in Township 36 North, Range 1 East, of the Third Principal Meridian
9-4-2001
Property from the Mendota Museum and Historical Society; Lot 7 in the subdivision of Lots 5, 6 and 7 in Block 36 of West's Addition to Mendota, and a portion of Sublot 5 of Lot 5 in Block 36 of West's Addition to Mendota
9-17-2007
East 4 feet of Lot 10 in Block 69 in the Original Town of Mendota
12-20-2010
Northern Partners property; east 72 feet of Lots 4 and 5 and the east 100 feet of Lot 6 in Block 2 of the Illinois Central Railroad Addition to Mendota
5-16-2011
Lot 1 in the Subdivision of Lot 4 in Block 48 in West's Addition to Mendota, and the north 40 feet of the east 80 feet of Lot 4 in Block 48 in West's Addition to Mendota
6-20-2011
Wixom property; South half of the northeast quarter of Section 29, Township 35 North, Range 1 East, of the Third Principal Meridian
7-18-2011
Wixom property; south half of the northeast quarter of Section 29, Township 35 North, Range 1 East, of the Third Principal Meridian