[HISTORY: Adopted by the Council of the Borough of Sharon Hill 6-13-1967 by Ord. No. 951 (Ch. 123 of the 1972 Code). Amendments noted where applicable.]
For the purposes of this chapter, the following terms shall have the meanings indicated:
- The building upon a premises, or part of a house, which is enclosed, self-contained and built for the storage of motor vehicles, and which has workable doors capable of being locked.
- MOTOR VEHICLE
- Any vehicle which is self-propelled, or any car, automobile, truck or similar vehicle.
- The leaving of a notation, in form approved by Borough Council, both upon the motor vehicle involved and at the owner's address, if it is the same as the property involved.
- OWNER OF THE PROPERTY
- The tenant, if the property is leased, and in the case of an apartment house (a multifamily dwelling, as defined in Chapter 370, Zoning), it shall mean the owner of the building; in which event notice shall be sent, by certified mail, to him at his last known address, return receipt requested.
- The registered owner of the motor vehicle involved; or if there is no registered owner, the owner of the property involved; or if the registered owner of the vehicle is different from the owner of the property, then "person" shall mean both the registered owner of the vehicle and the owner of the property, in which event enforcement shall be against one or both, as the police may determine.
No person shall permit a motor vehicle to remain upon any private property, including commercial property, in any of the residentially zoned districts or areas of Sharon Hill in a condition whereby it cannot be moved under its own power or put in such condition within eight hours, nor permit a motor vehicle to remain upon any private property without a current inspection sticker and license tag upon it, unless in either of these circumstances the same is parked, stored or kept in a garage upon the said property.
Under no circumstances shall a person permit a motor vehicle to remain upon any private property in any of the residentially zoned districts or areas of Sharon Hill in a jacked-up position or condition with any of the wheels removed or any of the wheels off the ground for any period of time unattended, except in a garage upon the said property.
[Amended 4-13-1983 by Ord. No. 1123; 1-8-1987 by Ord. No. 1163; 7-14-1988 by Ord. No. 1180]
Any person violating any provision of this chapter, upon conviction thereof, shall be sentenced to pay a maximum fine as provided from time to time by state statute or to be imprisoned for not more than 30 days, or both.
In enforcing the provisions of § 359-2 of this chapter, the police shall give notice to the owner of the property or the vehicle, or both, that the vehicle must be removed within 48 hours after the giving of said notice, and if the same is not then removed, the said owner shall be in violation of this chapter.