[HISTORY: Adopted by Board of Commissioners of the Township of Springfield 7-1-1986 as Section 2 of Ord. No. 1135. Amendments noted where applicable.]
Dedication of parks — See Ch. 87.
The Commissioners of the Township of Springfield hereby dedicate the hereinafter halls, rooms, locations, trees and other facilities to honor, symbolically, all citizens who have served the Township of Springfield over the 300 years of the township's existence by naming a few of the facilities specifically for those whom we currently remember but by so doing not denigrating the memory of others of the past or those currently serving.
It is the intention of the Commissioners that the listing be added to in the future to include as many of those who have been previously honored but not set out herein and those who will be honored in the future.
The following memorial dedications are made as listed:
In honor of the first Township Secretary, as a first-class township: the executive meeting room in the Township Building is to be dedicated to the memory of John W. Calder, who, by his selfless service to the community, created a firm administrative base upon which the community flowered.
In honor of the person who has given so much of his time and effort to nurturing the Springfield Golf and Country Club during the growth of the course, making it the township's finest recreation area: the bench and tree at the first tee in honor of Charles P. Ludman, who in addition has served as a Commissioner and member of the Board of Health and the township's Planning Commission.
In honor of the township's second Township Secretary, who served the township over a period of 48 years during a time when the township was at the peak of growth: the Commissioners' meeting room is to be named Bornman Hall, in honor of Harry A. Bornman.