For the purpose of this chapter, certain words and terms used herein are defined as follows (Note: Except where specifically defined herein, all words and terms shall carry their customary meanings.):
- BUILDING INSPECTOR
- The Building Inspector of the Town of Fishkill, New York, or his duly authorized representative.
- BUILDING LOT
- Any lot upon which a principal residential or commercial building can be constructed in conformance with the requirements of Chapter 150, Zoning.
- CERTIFICATE OF SEWER COMPLIANCE
- A written certificate issued by the Building Inspector or his duly authorized designee stating that a physical inspection(s) has (have) been made of the subject property and such property does not have roof drains, sump pump, or any prohibited stormwater/groundwater connections to the municipal sewer system and that any such connections, in the event revealed by an inspection, have been corrected and the connection is otherwise in current compliance with the provisions of Chapter 118 and any rules and regulations related thereto.[Added 5-23-2014 by L.L. No. 3-2014]
- CONSTRUCTION PLANS
- The maps and engineering drawings, described in § 132-45 of this chapter, accompanying a subdivision plat and showing the specific location and design of improvements to be installed in the subdivision in accordance with this chapter.
- CONSTRUCTION TRAILER
- Any temporary structure, vehicle or trailer suitable for
use as a construction office or for the purposes of facilitating improvement
of property.[Added 7-17-2002 by L.L. No. 8-2002]
- Authorization by a property owner for the use by another, and for a specified purpose, of any designated part of his property.
- A parcel of land not divided by streets.
- OFFICIAL MAP
- The map established by the Town Board under § 270 of the Town Law showing the streets, highways and parks theretofore laid out, adopted and established by law, and any amendments thereto adopted by the Town Board, or additions thereto resulting from the approval of subdivision plats by the Planning Board and the subsequent filing of such approved plats.
- OFFICIAL SUBMISSION DATE
- The date when a subdivision plat shall be considered submitted, subject to § 276 of the Town Law, hereby defined to be the date of a meeting of the Planning Board at which all other information required with the application for subdivision approval is received.
- PERFORMANCE BOND
- A bond, as required by § 277 of the Town Law, to
assure the full and satisfactory completion of all required public
improvements as specified in the Planning Board resolution of approval,
such bond a) to constitute an undertaking given by the developer to
the Town to complete the public improvement within a time period fixed
by the Planning Board, and b) to be accompanied by a letter of credit
from a banking institution, acceptable to the Town as to source, form,
sufficiency, and manner of execution; in its sole discretion, the
Town Board may accept cash, or a certified check drawn on a national
or state bank, payable on sight to the Town.[Amended 10-4-2004 by L.L. No. 9-2004]
- PLANNING BOARD
- The Planning Board of the Town of Fishkill, New York.
- A drawing, in final form, as described in § 132-44 of this chapter, showing a proposed subdivision and containing all of the information required by this chapter or other applicable regulations and certified by a licensed land surveyor or registered engineer.
- PRELIMINARY PLAT
- The preliminary drawing or drawings, described in § 132-40 of this chapter, showing the basic features of a proposed subdivision.
- Any change of existing property lines or of property lines shown on a plat approved by the Planning Board and filed in the office of the County Clerk.
- STORMWATER MANAGEMENT
- The use of structural or nonstructural practices that are
designed to reduce stormwater runoff and mitigate its adverse impacts
on property, natural resources and the environment.[Added 11-10-2007 by L.L. No. 9-2007]
- STORMWATER MANAGEMENT FACILITY
- One or a series of stormwater management practices, as defined within Chapter 130, installed, stabilized and operating for the purpose of controlling stormwater runoff. For purposes of this chapter, "stormwater management facility" shall include, but not be limited to, drainage facilities, drainage systems, drainage improvements, drainage easements and drainage discharge points.[Added 11-10-2007 by L.L. No. 9-2007]
- An existing state, county or Town road or highway, a street shown upon a plat approved by the Planning Board or a street shown on a plat duly filed and recorded in the office of the County Clerk prior to the authority granted to the Planning Board to approve such plats.
- STREET, BUSINESS OR INDUSTRIAL
- A street which serves or is designed to serve as access to abutting business, commercial or industrial properties.
- STREET, COLLECTOR
- A street which serves or is designed to serve primarily the function of carrying traffic from local streets to major streets or which is designated as such on the Town Development Plan.
- STREET, DEAD-END
- A street, or a portion of a street, with only one vehicular traffic outlet.
- STREET, LOCAL
- A street which serves or is designed to serve primarily as access to abutting residential properties.
- STREET, MAJOR
- A street which serves or is designed to serve primarily as a route for traffic between communities and/or large or developed areas of the Town and is designated as such on the Town Development Plan.
- STREET PAVEMENT
- The wearing or exposed surface of the street right-of-way designed to be used by vehicular traffic.
- STREET RIGHT-OF-WAY WIDTH
- The distance between property lines measured at right angles to these lines.
- Any person, firm, corporation, partnership or association who or which shall lay out, for the purpose of transfer of ownership or development, any subdivision or part thereof as defined herein.
- The division of any parcel of land, regardless of use, into two or more lots, plots, blocks, sites or parcels, with or without the creation of new streets, for the purpose, whether immediate or future, of transfer of ownership or development, and shall include resubdivision as defined herein.
- TOWN BOARD
- The Town Board of the Town of Fishkill, New York.
- TOWN CONSTRUCTION STANDARDS AND SPECIFICATIONS
- The standards and specifications adopted by the Town Board for the construction of streets and related subdivision improvements.
- TOWN DEVELOPMENT PLAN
- The Comprehensive Plan of development for the Town of Fishkill, New York, prepared and adopted by the Planning Board pursuant to § 272-a of the Town Law.
- TOWN ENGINEER
- The Town Engineer of the Town of Fishkill, New York.