This chapter shall be known and may be cited as a "Law for the Regulation of Mobile Homes and Mobile Home Camps in the Town of Schodack."
It is the purpose of this chapter to promote the health, safety, morals and general welfare of the inhabitants of the Town of Schodack by the proper regulation of mobile homes and mobile home camps.
As used in this chapter, the following terms shall have the meanings indicated:
- CAMP UNIT
- The lot or space in any mobile home camp which shall be assigned to or used and occupied by any one mobile home.
- FARM OPERATION
- Land and on-farm buildings, equipment, manure processing and handling
facilities, and practices which contribute to the production, preparation
and marketing of crops, livestock and livestock products as a commercial enterprise,
including a commercial horse boarding operation, as defined in the Agriculture
and Markets Law.[Added 6-10-2002 by L.L. No. 1-2002]
- FARM WORKER HOUSING
- On-farm structures occupied by farm laborers employed or used more
than 51% of the year by the farm operation where the structures are located
and nonworking family members of such laborers; provided that the number of
persons residing in said structures shall not exceed the number permitted
by the State of New York for such sized units as are utilized. Farm worker
housing shall not include housing for any owners, lessees, or operators of
the farm, or any officers, partners, or members thereof, and further provided
that the laborers may work inside and/or outside the Town of Schodack during
the period they are not working on the Town farm.[Added 6-10-2002 by L.L. No. 1-2002]
- The person or persons appointed by the Town Board to enforce the provisions of this chapter.
- MOBILE HOME
- Any vehicle or combination thereof used, designed for use or capable of being used as sleeping or living quarters, either propelled by its own power or the power of another vehicle to which it may be attached. Any addition to such mobile home shall, for the purpose of this chapter, be deemed to be a part of such "mobile home."
- MOBILE HOME CAMP
- Any lot, piece or parcel of ground whereon two or more mobile homes, tents or tent houses, used, designed for use or capable of being used as living or sleeping quarters, are parked or located and for which use said premises are held open to the public.