Borough of Clarion, PA
Clarion County
By using eCode360 you agree to be legally bound by the Terms of Use. If you do not agree to the Terms of Use, please do not use eCode360.
Table of Contents
Table of Contents
[HISTORY: Adopted by the Borough Council of the Borough of Clarion 10-1-2002 by Ord. No. 02-711.[1] Amendments noted where applicable.]
Floodplain management — See Ch. 110.
Subdivision and land development — See Ch. 190.
Zoning — See Ch. 210.
Editor's Note: This ordinance also superseded former Ch. 38, Planning Commission, adopted 9-1-1981 as Ch. I, Part 3, of the 1981 Code, as amended in its entirety 2-6-2001 by Ord. No. 01-701.

§ 38-1 Organization.

Clarion Borough Council of the Borough of Clarion of Clarion County hereby signifies its intention and desire to organize a planning commission under the provision of the Pennsylvania Municipalities Planning Code, Act 247 of July 31, 1968, reenacted and amended by Act 170 of December 21, 1988, P.L. 1329.

§ 38-2 Membership; terms.

The Planning Commission shall consist of five members, one of whom may be a Borough employee and all of whom shall be citizens of the Borough of Clarion of Clarion County, Pennsylvania. The term of office of the members shall be four years and shall expire on December 31, or until a successor is appointed, except the terms of the members first appointed shall be so fixed that, on a commission of five members or less, no more than two shall be reappointed during any future calendar year. In the event of vacancies, the governing body shall appoint a member to fill the unexpired term.

§ 38-3 Initial members.

The names, addresses, and term of office of the initial members of the Planning Commission are as follows:[1]
Editor's Note: The information regarding the initial members of the Commission is on file in the Borough offices.

§ 38-4 Powers and duties.

The Planning Commission shall, at the request of the governing body, have the power and shall be required to:
Prepare the Comprehensive Plan for the development of the municipality as set forth in the MPC and present it for the consideration of the governing body.
Maintain and keep on file records of its actions. All records and files of the Planning Commission shall be in the possession of the governing body.
The Planning Commission, at the request of the governing body, may:
Make recommendations to the governing body concerning the adoption of or amendment to an official map.
Prepare and present to the governing body of the municipality a zoning ordinance and make recommendations to the governing body on proposed amendments to it.
Prepare, recommend and administer subdivision and land development and planned residential development regulations.
Prepare and present to the governing body of the municipality a building code and a housing code and make recommendations concerning proposed amendments thereto.
Do such other acts or make studies as may be necessary to fulfill the duties and obligations imposed by the MPC.
Prepare and present to the governing body of the municipality an environmental study.
Submit to the governing body of the municipality a recommended capital improvements program.
Promote public interest in, and understanding of, the Comprehensive Plan and planning.
Make recommendations to governmental, civic and private agencies and individuals as to the effectiveness of the proposals of such agencies and individuals.
Hold public hearings and meetings.
Present testimony before any board.
Require from other departments and agencies of the municipality such available information as relates to the work of the planning agency.
In the performance of its functions, enter upon any land to make examinations and land surveys with the consent of the owner.
Prepare and present to the governing body a study regarding the feasibility and practicability of using renewable energy sources in specific areas within the municipality.
Review the Zoning Ordinance, Subdivision and Land Development Ordinance, Official Map, provisions for planned residential development and such other ordinances and regulations governing the development of land no less frequently than it reviews the Comprehensive Plan.

§ 38-5 Funds and assistance.

The Planning Commission may, with the consent of the governing body, accept and utilize any funds, personnel or other assistance made available by the county, the commonwealth or the federal government or any of their agencies or from private sources. The governing body may enter into agreements or contracts regarding the acceptance or utilization of the funds or assistance in accordance with the governmental procedures of the municipality.