[Adopted 9-5-2001 by Ord. No. 2001-05]
As used herein, the following words and phrases shall have the following meanings:
- ILLEGALLY PARK
- Parking of a prohibited vehicle within the right-of-way or upon the cartway of a Township street, except while making occasional local deliveries, while discharging passengers, or while involved in construction or remodeling of a building fronting the same.
- PROHIBITED VEHICLE
- A vehicle (either motorized or nonmotorized) that has one or more of the following characteristics:
- A. A registered gross weight in excess of 17,001 pounds;
- B. Having a length in excess of 20 feet;
- C. Having a height of more than 11 feet six inches;
- D. Having a width of more than 89 inches;
- E. Showing a windshield weight class sticker with a number above six; i.e., seven equals 17,001 pounds to 21,000 pounds.
- RECREATIONAL VEHICLE
- A vehicle which is designed to provide temporary living quarters for recreation, camping, or travel purposes. A recreational vehicle may be designed to be self-propelled, towed, or carried by another vehicle. Recreational vehicles include campers, travel trailers, or motor homes.
It shall be unlawful for a prohibited vehicle to illegally park on any Township street.
The parking of a recreational vehicle, either motorized or nonmotorized, is permitted in/on the street for a period of time not to exceed eight hours for the purpose of loading, unloading and/or cleaning of the same.
Any person violating the provisions of this article shall, upon conviction, be subject to the appropriate penalties as set forth under the Pennsylvania Vehicle Code (75 Pa.C.S.A. § 101 et seq.).
This article shall be enforced by the Code Enforcement Officer of East Cocalico Township.