The words and phrases used in this chapter shall, for the purposes of this chapter, have the meanings respectively ascribed to them by Article I of the Vehicle and Traffic Law of the State of New York.
The following words and phrases, which are not defined by Article I of the Vehicle and Traffic Law of the State of New York, shall have the meanings respectively ascribed to them in this section for the purposes of this chapter:
- The prolongation of the lateral line of a curb or, in the absence of a curb, the lateral boundary line of the roadway.
- New Year's Day, Lincoln's Birthday, Washington's Birthday, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Columbus Day, Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day shall be considered "holidays."
- OFFICIAL TIME STANDARD
- Whenever certain hours are named herein or on traffic control devices, they shall mean the time standard which is in current use in this state. 
- PUBLIC PARKING LOT OR FIELD
- A plot or parcel of land or a building owned and/or leased by this Village, not including highways, upon or within which the parking of vehicles is regulated by signs and/or parking meters.
Editor's Note: The definitions of “parking meter,” “parking meter space” and parking meter zone,” which immediately followed this definition, were repealed 10-20-1994 by L.L. No. 5-1994.
[Amended 5-16-1996 by L.L. No. 3-1996]
The Superintendent of Utilities shall install and maintain traffic control devices when and as required under the provisions of this chapter, to make effective the provisions of this chapter, and may install and maintain such additional traffic control devices as the Board of Trustees may deem necessary to regulate, warn or guide traffic under the Vehicle and Traffic Law of the State of New York, subject to the provisions of §§ 1682 and 1684 of that law.
The provisions of this chapter shall be implemented by the adoption of regulations by the Board of Trustees or an officer or agency authorized by it pursuant to § 1603 of the Vehicle and Traffic Law. Such regulations shall designate the specific area within which the provisions of this chapter shall be in effect by reference to the appropriate schedule established by this chapter for the recording of such regulations. Such schedules shall be attached to and form a part of this chapter, and a violation of any regulation contained in said schedules shall be deemed a violation of this chapter.