Questions about eCode360? Municipal users Join us daily between 12pm and 1pm EDT to get answers and other tips!
Village of Kings Point, NY
Nassau County
By using eCode360 you agree to be legally bound by the Terms of Use. If you do not agree to the Terms of Use, please do not use eCode360.
Table of Contents
Table of Contents
[Adopted 1-18-1994 by L.L. No. 1-1994]
As used in this article, the following terms shall have meanings indicated:
The area of a street which is between the roadway pavement on the street and lots which abut on the street.
No motor vehicle or construction equipment or any part thereof shall cross any curb or sidewalk area in the Village except where a driveway exists for such purpose, provided that such prohibited crossings may be permitted by the Building Inspector where such crossings cannot be made by an existing driveway and the curb and sidewalk area are protected against damage to his satisfaction and security is furnished for the restoration of the curb after the construction work has been completed.
This section shall not apply to the following while engaged in emergency work in case of fire, accident or public disaster or impending danger:
Motor vehicles and equipment of the Fire Company serving the Village.
Police Department vehicles.
Vehicles of physicians actually engaged in the conduct of their profession.
Motor vehicles of the Village Department of Public Works.
Motor vehicles and equipment of a public utility.
Applications for a permit to cross a curb and/or sidewalk area shall be in writing on forms supplied by the Village and shall be accompanied by the fee and security deposit set forth below. The permit issued shall be for a stated period of time depending upon the nature of the activity requiring the permit. In no event shall a permit be issued for more than one year. The applicant shall take care not to damage any curb or sidewalk area in crossing the same and shall repair any damage which may result from such crossing.
Upon application for a curb and/or sidewalk area crossing permit, the applicant shall pay a fee and file a deposit with the Village to secure the repair by the applicant of any and all damage done to the curb or sidewalk area by the crossing thereof. Such fee and security deposit shall be established from time to time by resolution of the Board of Trustees.[1]
[Amended 11-27-2007 by L.L. No. 8-2007]
Editor’s Note: See Ch. A162, Fees.
Editor's Note: Former § 134-17, Penalties for offenses, was repealed 5-19-2003 by L.L. No. 8-2003. See now Ch. 116, Penalties.