[HISTORY: Adopted by the Borough Council of the Borough of Moosic as indicated in article histories. Amendments noted where applicable.]
[Adopted 1-14-1992 by Ord. No. 17-1991]
Between the hours of 7:00 p.m. and 8:00 a.m., no commercial business shall allow to operate any outside speaker system.
Between the hours of 8:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. the use of outside speakers shall be allowed provided that the use shall not be unreasonable so as to unnecessarily disturb other property owners.
“Unreasonable noise” shall be defined by and subject to the limits as set forth in Chapter 300, Zoning, § 300-33, etc., a copy of which is attached hereto and incorporated herein.
Any person who violates any of the provisions of the above sections and cite them shall be subject to a fine or penalty not to exceed $1,000, plus costs of prosecution, and, in default of payment of such fine and costs, to imprisonment not to exceed 30 days for each offense.
[Adopted 2-14-2006 by Ord. No. 8-2006]
As used in this article, the following terms shall have the meanings indicated:
- BRAKE RETARDER
- A motor-engine-retarding device or any retarding device or system that brakes on the motor or engine rather than on wheels as a means of slowing or stopping a truck, truck tractor, motor carrier vehicle, motor vehicle or vehicle.
- MOTOR CARRIER VEHICLE
- A truck, truck tractor or combination having a gross weight or registered gross weight in excess of 17,000 pounds.
- MOTOR VEHICLE
- A vehicle which is self-propelled, except one which is propelled solely by human power or by electric power obtained from overhead trolley wires, but not operated upon rails.
- Any individual, association, partnership or corporation, and includes any officer, employee, department, agency or instrumentality of a state or any political subdivision of a state. Wherever used in any clause prescribing and imposing a penalty, "person" includes the individual members, partners, officers and managers or any of them of partnerships and associations and, as for corporations, the officers and managers thereof or any of them.
- A motor vehicle designed, used or maintained primarily for the transportation of property.
- TRUCK TRACTOR
- A motor vehicle designed and used primarily for drawing other vehicles and not so constructed as to carry a load other than a part of the weight of the vehicle and load so drawn.
- Every device in, upon or by which any person or property is or may be transported or drawn upon a highway, except devices used exclusively upon rails or tracks.
No person shall use a jake brake or other brake-retarder device while operating a truck, truck tractor, or motor carrier vehicle, motor vehicle, or any other vehicle on the roadways described below. This prohibition against use of a jake brake or other brake-retarder device shall not apply to an emergency vehicle as defined in Pennsylvania Title 75 when said emergency vehicle is actually responding to an emergency.
Birney Avenue on the southbound approach to Hollenback Street Intersection for a length of 800 feet from the Intersection of Birney Avenue and Hollenback Street in a northerly direction.
Any person violating any provision of this article shall pay a fine of not more than $600 per offense or, in default of payment thereof, shall undergo imprisonment for a period not exceeding 30 days.