[HISTORY: Adopted by the Board of Health of the Township of Chester as indicated in article histories. Amendments noted where applicable.]
Animals — See Ch. 91.
[Adopted 9-20-1990 by Ord. No. BH 1-90]
For purposes of this article, the following terms shall have the meanings set forth below:
- Includes any member of the domestic feline species, male, female or neutered, which has attained the age of seven months or which possesses a set of permanent teeth.
- CERTIFICATE OF EXEMPTION
- A certificate issued by a duly licensed veterinarian stating that because of an infirmity, other physical condition or regimen of therapy the inoculation of a particular cat against rabies is deemed inadvisable.
- INOCULATED AGAINST RABIES
- Inoculated by a duly licensed veterinarian with a rabies vaccine of a type approved by and administered in accordance with the recommendations of the United States Department of Agriculture and the United States Department of Human Services.
- OWNER OF A CAT
- Includes any person who has a right of property in or custody of a cat, who harbors or maintains a cat, or who knowingly permits a cat to remain on or about any premises occupied by that person within the Borough of Chester.
- RESIDENT OF THE BOROUGH OF CHESTER
- A person whose ordinary dwelling place is within the Borough of Chester.
Every resident of the Borough of Chester who is the owner of a cat shall have and keep such cat inoculated against rabies at all times, unless a certificate of exemption issued as to such cat is currently effective.
Upon the request of any authorized agent of the Borough Board of Health, or upon the request of any police officer or animal control officer, a resident of the Borough of Chester who is the owner of a cat shall provide evidence that such cat has been inoculated against rabies and that the period during which such inoculation is considered to be effective has not expired.
The provisions of this article shall not apply to a cat being kept in a pet shop or in a veterinary establishment.
Any resident of the Borough of Chester who violates or fails or refuses to comply with the provisions of this article shall be subject to a penalty of not less than $25 nor more than $200. Each day that a violation of, or failure or refusal to comply with, the provisions of this article continues shall constitute a separate offense.