[HISTORY: Adopted by the Borough Council of the Borough of Ridley Park 11-13-1990 by Ord. No. 1036. Amendments noted where applicable.]
The following definitions shall apply to the interpretation and enforcement of this chapter:
- AUDIBLE ALARM
- Any device, bell, horn or siren which is attached to the interior or exterior of a building which emits a warning signal outside the building and is designed to attract attention when activated by a criminal act or other emergency requiring policemen or firemen to respond.
- AUTOMATIC PROTECTION DEVICE
- An electrically or battery operated device composed of sensory apparatus and related hardware which automatically transmits any form of alarm or signal, including but not limited to a prerecorded voice alarm, upon receipt of a stimulus from a sensory apparatus that has detected a physical force or condition inherently characteristic of intrusion or fire.
- The Borough of Ridley Park, Delaware County, Pennsylvania.
- FALSE ALARMS
- Any signal activated by an automatic protection device or any audible alarm given to the Police or Fire Department to which police and/or firemen respond which is not the result of a burglary, fire, robbery or similar emergency.
- FIRE DEPARTMENT
- The Borough of Ridley Park Fire Department.
- POLICE DEPARTMENT
- The Borough of Ridley Park Police Department.
Owners or lessees of real estate must provide accessibility so that the audible alarm or automatic protection device may be reset if the alarm is not designed to reset itself.
The provisions of this chapter shall apply to all currently existing audible alarm and automatic protection devices/systems as well as to those installed after the effective date of this chapter.
No person shall conduct any test or demonstration of an automatic protection device without first obtaining permission to do so from the Police and/or Fire Departments.
In any one calendar year, the owner or lessee of any audible alarm system or automatic protection device shall be subject to the following penalties on the occurrence of any false alarm, misuse or false activation which causes an unnecessary emergency response by Borough Police and/or Firemen: