[HISTORY: Adopted by the Board of Trustees of the Village of Great Neck Plaza 4-2-1997 by L.L. No. 3-1997. Amendments noted where applicable.]
Editor's Note: This local law repealed former Ch. 136, Merchandise, Delivery of, adopted 4-18-1984 by L.L. No. 6-1984.
The Board of Trustees of the Village of Great Neck Plaza hereby finds that it is desirable to regulate the hours of delivery of merchandise to buildings used for commercial purposes which are adjacent to residential buildings, as well as other delivery-related activities, so as to protect and enhance the public health and welfare of the village.
As used in this chapter, the following terms shall have the meanings indicated:
- APARTMENT BUILDINGS
- All buildings used only for living purposes, which contain three or more units. For purposes of this chapter, this term shall include specialized senior housing facilities, nursing homes and hotels.
- COMMERCIAL AND OTHER BUILDINGS
- All buildings other than residential buildings, apartment buildings and retail buildings and shall include, but not be limited to, office buildings, industrial buildings, buildings used for governmental and quasi-governmental activities and buildings used for religious purposes such as churches and synagogues. This term shall also include those portion of buildings containing offices or residences over retail stores in the Business District either two, three or four stories in height.
- LOADING/UNLOADING ACTIVITIES
- All actions relating to the transfer of merchandise from a delivery vehicle to a retail, commercial or other building, and vice versa, including but not limited to removal of merchandise from the interior of such a building to a storage area outside such a building; arrangement or stacking of merchandise in a storage area outside such a building; the placement of merchandise on a delivery vehicle or pallet; the removal of merchandise from a delivery vehicle or pallet; the removal of merchandise from a storage area outside such a building to the building interior; and similar activities.
- RESIDENTIAL BUILDINGS
- One-family and two-family homes.
- RETAIL BUILDINGS
- All portions of buildings which are used and/or rented for retail sales, services and other similar activities, including restaurants, bars and food-service businesses.
The following activities shall be restricted to the hours of 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. on Monday through Friday, to the hours of 8:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. on Saturdays and shall not take place at all on Sundays:
All deliveries to a retail, commercial or other building which is adjacent to a residential or apartment building.
The acceptance of deliveries by a retail, commercial or other building which is adjacent to a residential or apartment building.
The picking up of empty delivery boxes or crates from a retail, commercial or other building which is adjacent to a residential or apartment building.
All loading/unloading activities at a retail, commercial or other building which is adjacent to a residential or apartment building.
Any person who violates the provisions of this chapter shall be subject to a fine of up to $250 for each such violation.