Town of Haverstraw, NY
Rockland County
By using eCode360 you agree to be legally bound by the Terms of Use. If you do not agree to the Terms of Use, please do not use eCode360.
Table of Contents
Table of Contents
If a parcel of land is to be subdivided before offering the land for sale, the owner shall submit a plat of the parcel to the Planning Board for its approval and then file the approved plat with the office of the County Clerk. The layout of new streets must also be approved by the Planning Board in accordance with the construction standards.[1] Construction may not begin until all necessary approvals have been obtained.
Editor's Note: See Ch. A172, Construction Standards for Subdivisions and Site Plans.
Whenever access to a subdivision is required across land in another municipality, the Planning Board shall refer the application to the Town Attorney to determine whether access is legally established and to the Town Engineer to determine if the access road is adequately improved or that a performance bond has been duly executed and is sufficient in amount to ensure the construction of the access road. In general, lot lines should be laid out so as not to cross municipal boundary lines.
For a resubdivision, the same procedure, rules and regulations shall apply as for a subdivision.
Subdivisions shall conform to the streets or parks shown on the Official Map of the town as adopted by the Town Board. Subdivisions shall be properly related to the Master Plan as adopted by the Planning Board.
Monuments shall be of a type which conform to the town construction standards and specifications and shall be required wherever deemed necessary by the Town Engineer to enable all lines to be reproduced upon the ground. In general, monuments shall be located on street right-of-way lines at street intersections, lot corners, angle points, points of curve and block corners; they shall be spaced so as to be within sight of each other.
Where the Planning Board finds that, because of special circumstances of a particular plat, extraordinary hardships may result from strict compliance with these regulations, it may modify these regulations so that substantial justice may be done and the public interest secured, provided that any such modification shall not have the effect of nullifying the intent and purpose of these regulations, the Master Plan, the 1990 Zoning Law[1] or the Official Map of the town.
Editor's Note: See Ch. 167, Zoning.
In granting any modification, the Planning Board shall state for the record the reasons why such modification is granted and attach such conditions as are, in its judgment, necessary to substantially secure the objectives of the standards or requirements so modified.