[HISTORY: Adopted by the Mayor and Council of the Borough of Roselle 5-18-2005 by Ord. No. 2229. Amendments noted where applicable.]
For the purposes of this chapter, the following terms or words will have the following definitions, unless the context clearly indicates that a different meaning is intended:
- COMMERCIAL ZONE
- Shall mean and include Commercial-Industrial Zone described and delineated in Chapter 118 of the Code of the Borough of Roselle entitled "Zoning" and as described and delineated more fully on the official Borough Zoning Map.
- Shall mean and include drugstores where a pharmacist or druggist dispenses prescription and nonprescription drugs.
- RESIDENTIAL ZONE
- Shall mean and include Residence A, B, C, D (garden apartment) and E (townhouse) Zones as described and delineated in Chapter 118 of the Code of the Borough of Roselle entitled "Zoning" and as described and delineated more fully on the official Borough of Roselle Zoning Map.
- Shall mean any retail establishment that prepares and serves meals or food for consumption inside the retail establishment. In order to be considered a "restaurant" under the terms of this chapter, a retail establishment must devote 95% of its business to the preparation and service of meals or food for consumption inside the retail establishment.
- RETAIL ESTABLISHMENT
- Shall include, but not be limited to, any store, location or pushcart which sells or provides goods, merchandise or services to consumers.
No retail establishment located below a residential unit, other than the exceptions stated in§ 90A-3 of this chapter, shall conduct business between the hours of 10:00 p.m. and 6:00 a.m. of the next day in any residential zone and/or commercial zone as defined hereinabove.
The following establishments shall be exempt from the provisions of this chapter:
Any retail establishment licensed pursuant to N.J.S.A. 33:1-1 et seq., entitled "Intoxicating Liquors," and/or Chapter 37 of the Code of the Borough of Roselle, entitled "Alcoholic Beverages."