[HISTORY: Adopted by the Borough Council of East Stroudsburg 7-2-1963 by Ord. No. 566, approved 7-2-1963. Amendments noted where applicable.]
[Amended 1-19-1988 by Ord. No. 878, approved 1-19-1988]
Pursuant to the provisions of Sections 1145 to 1150 of Act No. 336 of the General Assembly of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, approved May 4, 1927, as amended, and as amended by the Act of July 10, 1947, P.L. 1621, Section 93, there is hereby created a Department of Planning and Zoning, which shall be under the jurisdiction of the Borough Planning and Zoning Commission, and nine persons, all of whom shall be residents of the Borough, shall be appointed to such Commission.
Editor's Note: For current statutory provisions, see 53 P.S. §§ 10201 through 10211 and § 10607.
The members of the Planning and Zoning Commission shall be appointed by the Council and shall serve without compensation and are hereby given the powers and duties as are outlined under the provisions of the acts, as amended.
Editor's Note: For current statutory provisions regarding the powers and duties of a planning agency, see 53 P.S.§ 10209.1.
The proper officials of the Borough are hereby directed to cause this chapter to be published as required by laws for the publication of ordinances.