Unless the context specifically and clearly indicates otherwise, the meaning of terms and phrases used in this Part 1 shall be as follows:
- The General Municipal Authority of Harveys Lake, a Pennsylvania municipality authority.
- The Borough of Harveys Lake, Luzerne County, Pennsylvania, a municipality of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, acting by and through its Council or, in appropriate cases, acting by and through its authorized representatives.
- BUILDING SEWER
- The extension from the sewage drainage system of any structure to the lateral of a sewer.
- IMPROVED PROPERTY
- Any property located within this Borough upon which there is erected
a structure, boathouse or dock which is intended for continuous or periodic
habitation, occupancy or use by human beings or animals and from which structure,
boathouse or dock sanitary sewage and/or industrial waste shall be or may
be discharged, and shall also mean any property located adjacent to the lake
shoreline, upon which is operated a public boat slip intended as public access
for boats to the lake and where such public might congregate prior to and
after launching said boats.[Amended 6-2-1981; 1-19-1988]
- INDUSTRIAL ESTABLISHMENT
- Any room, group of rooms, building or other enclosure used or intended for use, in whole or in part, in the operation of a business enterprise for the manufacturing, fabricating, processing, cleaning, laundering or assembling of any product, commodity or article or from which any process waste, as distinct from sanitary sewage, shall be discharged.
- INDUSTRIAL WASTES
- Any solid, liquid or gaseous substance or waterborne waste or form of energy rejected or escaping in the course of any industrial, manufacturing, trade or business process or in the course of the development, recovery or processing of natural resources, as distinct from sanitary sewage.
- That part of the sewer system extending from a sewer to the curbline or, if there shall be no curbline, to the property line, or if no such lateral shall be provided, then "lateral" shall mean that portion of, or place in, a sewer which is provided for connection of any building sewer.
- Any person vested with ownership, legal or equitable, sole or partial, of any improved property.
- Any individual, partnership, company, association, society, trust, corporation or other group or entity.
- SANITARY SEWAGE
- Normal water-carried household and toilet wastes discharged from any improved property.
- Any pipe, main or conduit constituting a part of the sewer system used or usable for sewage collection purposes.
- SEWER SYSTEM
- All facilities, as of any particular time, for collecting, transporting, pumping, treating and disposing of sanitary sewage and industrial wastes, situate in or adjacent to this Borough and owned by the authority, whether leased to this Borough for operation and use or not.