[HISTORY: Adopted by the Mayor and Council of the Borough of Riverdale as indicated in article histories. Amendments noted where applicable.]
[Adopted 10-20-2008 by Ord. No. 11-2008]
The following words and terms shall have the meanings herein indicated for the purposes of this article:
- Any building or enclosed structure held, used, owned, leased or controlled exclusively by the Borough of Riverdale for public purposes.
- The property surrounding any public building owned, leased, or controlled by the Borough of Riverdale. It shall specifically include the entire Riverdale School property including, but not limited to, the area around the Riverdale Community Center.
- PARK OR RECREATION FACILITY
- Any park, ball field or recreation facility owned or leased or used by the Borough of Riverdale for public purposes.
- TOBACCO USE
- The use of or burning of a lighted cigar, cigarette, pipe or any other matter or substance which contains tobacco, including chewing tobacco.
It shall be unlawful for any person to use tobacco in any municipal building, grounds, park or recreation facility unless the Borough of Riverdale posts a sign specifically permitting smoking in a designated area.
This article may be enforced by any municipal official. Any person who uses tobacco in a municipal building, grounds, park or recreation facility in violation of this article is subject to a fine not to exceed $250.