[HISTORY: Adopted by the City Council of the City of Harrisburg by Ord. No. 138-1959. Amendments noted where applicable.]
This subtitle shall be known and may be cited as the "Harrisburg Traffic Code."
In this Traffic Code the terms used shall have the meanings ascribed to them in the Vehicle Code, except as herein otherwise defined or as defined in the glossary, Chapter 1-302:
- PARKING METER
- Any device, equipment, technology or process used for the
regulation of public parking and intended to assist public authorities
or authorized agents in enforcing ordinances, limiting the time during
which vehicles may be parked on any highway within a parking meter
zone or other designated parking facilities regulated by the City
of Harrisburg or its authorized agents.[Amended 11-12-2014 by Ord. No. 13-2014]
- PARKING METER ZONES
- Highways or portions of highways on which parking meters are installed, operated and used.
- STREET or HIGHWAY
- Every way or place of whatever nature open to the use of the public as a matter of right for the purpose of vehicular travel. The term "highway" shall not be deemed to include a roadway or driveway upon grounds owned by private persons, colleges, universities, or other institutions.
- TRAFFIC CONTROL DEVICE
- Any sign, signal, marking, and device not inconsistent with this Traffic Code, placed or erected as herein provided, or any temporary warning signs placed by authority of recognized agencies, for the purpose of guiding, directing, safeguarding, warning, or regulating traffic.
- VEHICLE CODE
- The Vehicle Code of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, Act of June 17, 1976, P.L. 162, as amended, 75 Pa.C.S.A. § 101 et seq.