§ 134-1Definitions; word usage.
§ 134-3Prohibited acts.
§ 134-4Violations and penalties.
As used in this chapter, the following terms shall have the meanings indicated, unless a different meaning clearly appears from the context:
- The act of inhaling fumes from a plastic bag.
- The act of inhaling gasoline or fumes from other inhalants through the mouth, as well as inhaling fumes through the mouth from a soaked rag or other material placed in or near the mouth.
- An individual of any age or sex.
- PUBLIC PLACE
- Any public street, alley, sidewalk, park, playground, public building or vacant lot in Duncannon Borough.
- The act of inhaling fumes up the nose from any type of inhalant.
- The act of forcibly inhaling fumes up the nose from any type of inhalant.
In this chapter, the singular shall include the plural, the plural shall include the singular, and the masculine shall include the feminine and the neuter.
It is declared the public policy of this Borough that the enactment of this chapter is necessary for the protection, benefit and preservation of the health, safety, welfare and public good of the inhabitants of this Borough and is adopted in accordance with prevailing community standards of conduct of Borough inhabitants.
It shall be unlawful for any person to huff, sniff, snort and/or bag inhalants, including but not limited to gasoline, in any public place in the Borough of Duncannon.
Any person who shall violate any provision of this chapter shall, upon conviction thereof, be sentenced to pay a fine of not more than $600 and, in default of payment, to imprisonment in the Perry County Prison for a term not to exceed 30 days.