[HISTORY: Adopted by the County Board of Stephenson County 11-10-1970 (Ch. 8, Art. II, of the 1977 Code). Amendments noted where applicable.]
There is hereby established a full-time Health Department.
The County Health Department shall be managed by a Board of Health.
[Amended 10-12-1982 by Ord. No. 82-30]
In accordance with the provisions of Section 1a of "An Act relating to the care and treatment by counties of persons afflicted with tuberculosis and providing the means therefor," approved June 28, 1915, as amended:
The Tuberculosis Sanitarium and Board are abolished and the employees, assets and liabilities of the Sanitarium and Board are transferred to and assumed by the Board of Health;
The Board of Health shall be increased to 11 members. Each member shall be appointed by the Chairman of the County Board with the approval of the County Board for a term of three years and until a successor is appointed;
An additional tax for use by the Health Department is established at the rate which shall not be increased at any time, and which is equal to the rate that would have been necessary to raise the average amount that has been spent annually pursuant to the aforementioned act over the most recent five-year period; and
The levy and extension for the Tuberculosis Sanitarium Fund is not affected by this section.