[Ord. 501, 11/23/1992, § 1]
As used in this Part 2A, the following terms shall have the meanings indicated:
- Includes the act of burning any tobacco product of any kind in a cigarette, cigar, pipe or in any other similar device.
- TOBACCO PRODUCT
- Includes:[Added by Ord. 738, 6/15/2017]
- A. Any product containing, made, or derived from tobacco or nicotine that is intended for human consumption, whether smoked, heated, chewed, absorbed, dissolved, inhaled, snorted, sniffed, or ingested by any other means, including but not limited to, cigarettes, cigars, little cigars, chewing tobacco, pipe tobacco or snuff.
- B. Any electronic device that delivers nicotine or other substances to the person inhaling from the device, including, but not limited to, an electronic cigarette, cigar, pipe, or hookah.
- C. Notwithstanding any provision of Subsections A and B to the contrary, "tobacco product" includes any component, part, or accessory of a tobacco product, whether or not sold separately. "Tobacco product" does not include any product that has been approved by the United States Food and Drug Administration for sale as a tobacco cessation product or for other therapeutic purposes where such product is marketed and sold for such an approved purpose.
[Ord. 501, 11/23/1992, § 2; as amended by Ord. 591, 1/23/2003, § I; and by Ord. 596, 2/27/2003, § I]
Smoking is hereby prohibited in all Township-owned and -leased buildings.
[Ord. 501, 11/23/1992, § 3]
"No smoking" signs shall be posted at all such locations where smoking is prohibited.
[Ord. 501, 11/23/1992, § 4; as amended by Ord. 578, 6/13/2002, § 1]
Any person, firm or corporation who shall violate any provision of this Part 2A, upon conviction thereof in an action brought before a Magisterial District Judge in the manner provided for the enforcement of summary offenses under the Pennsylvania Rules of Criminal Procedure, shall be sentenced to pay a fine of not more than $1,000, plus costs, and, in default of payment of said fine and costs, to a term of imprisonment not to exceed 90 days. Each day that a violation of this Part 2A continues or each section of this Part 2A which shall be found to have been violated shall constitute a separate offense.
Editor's Note: Original Part 3B, Smoking in Public Schools, adopted by Ord. 504, 6/14/1993, as amended, which previously followed this section, was repealed by Ord. 737, 1/19/2017.