[HISTORY: Adopted by the Town Board of the Town of Moreau 12-14-2010 by L.L. No. 4-2010. Amendments noted where applicable.]
For purposes of this chapter, the following terms shall be defined as follows:
- Putrescible animal and vegetable wastes resulting from the handling, preparation, cooking and consumption of food and material such as paper, cardboard, wood, cloth, food cans, glass containers, bottles and tobacco products such as cigarettes and cigars and similar materials.
- Any person, employee, servant, agent, firm, partnership, association, company or organization or entity of any kind.
- PUBLIC PLACE
- Includes streets, highways, roads, parking areas, rights-of-way, parks, trails, grounds or other public areas.
- All putrescible and nonputrescible solid wastes, including garbage, rubbish and ashes.
- Nonputrescible solid wastes, including ashes, consisting of both combustible and noncombustible wastes such as yard clippings, metals, wood, glass, paper, cardboard, plastic, styrofoam, bedding, crockery, household appliances, shopping carts, automobiles or parts thereof and similar materials. Waste or waste material shall not include agricultural waste such as but not limited to animal manure.
- Includes any public street, roadway, highway, lane or alleyway.
No person shall deposit, throw, cast, lay or suffer or permit any other person to deposit, throw, cast or lay any waste, litter, rubbish, refuse, garbage, debris, yard clippings and waste including trees, shrubs, brush, leaves and grass, discarded objects, materials and/or matter of any type on any street, road, highway, right-of-way, sidewalk, bike path, parking lot or other public place in the Town.
No person shall abandon or discard or cause or suffer any other person to abandon or discard any article or thing, including but not limited to shopping carts or shopping wagons, baskets, crates, boxes, cartons, yard clippings and waste, household appliances, automobiles or parts thereof, machinery or equipment, rubbish, refuse or garbage on any street, road, highway, right-of-way, sidewalk, bike path, parking lot or other public place in the Town.
No person, being the owner, driver or manager of an automobile or other vehicle, shall deposit, scatter, blow, drop, spill or permit to be deposited, scattered, blown, dropped or spilled any dirt, gravel, sand, clay, loam, stone or rubbish, litter, waste materials, automobiles or parts thereof, machinery, refuse or garbage therefrom upon any street, road, highway, right-of-way, sidewalk, bike path, parking lot or other public place in the Town. Vehicles engaged in agricultural activity are exempt from this provision.
Any person violating any of the provisions of this chapter shall be guilty of a violation punishable as follows:
For the first offense, by fine, the minimum of which shall be $150 and the maximum of which shall be $1,000, and appropriate community service related to solid waste management and cleanup for a period not to be less than eight hours and/or imprisonment for a period not to exceed 15 days.
For a second and subsequent offense, by fine, the minimum of which shall be $250 dollars and the maximum of which shall be $1,500, and appropriate community service related to solid waste management and cleanup for a period not to be less than 16 hours and/or imprisonment for a period not to exceed 30 days.
This chapter shall take effect upon filing with the New York State Secretary of State.