[HISTORY: Adopted by the Town Board of the Town of Milton 8-21-1973 by Ord. No. 42. Amendments noted where applicable.]
As used in this chapter the following terms shall have the meanings hereinafter designated:
- COMPLETE BATHROOM FACILITIES
- A flush toilet, lavatory, bath and kitchen sink.
- Any person, firm or corporation licensed to operate and maintain a mobile home park under this chapter.
- A "space" as defined in this section.
- MOBILE HOME
- That which is, or was as originally constructed, designed to be transported by any motor vehicle upon a public highway and designed, equipped and used primarily for sleeping, eating and living quarters, or is intended to be so used; and includes any additions, attachments, annexes, foundations and appurtenances, except that a mobile home is not deemed a mobile home if the assessable value of such additions, attachments, annexes, foundation and appurtenances equals or exceeds 50% of the assessable value of the mobile home.
- MOBILE HOME PARK
- Any plot or plots of ground upon which two or more units occupied for dwelling or sleeping purposes are located, regardless of whether or not a charge is made for such accommodations. As used in this chapter mobile home park is limited to plots on which are located two or more nondependent mobile homes.
- MOBILE HOME STAND
- That part of an individual mobile home space which is covered by a mobile home and its accessory structures.
- NONDEPENDENT MOBILE HOME
- A mobile home equipped with complete bath and toilet facilities, all furniture, cooking, heating, appliances and complete year round facilities.
- OCCUPIED AREA
- That portion of an individual mobile home space which is covered by a mobile home and its accessory structures.
- Mobile home park.
- PARK MANAGEMENT
- The person who owns or has charge, care or control of the mobile home park.
- Any natural individual, firm, trust, partnership, association or corporation.
- A plot of ground within a mobile home park, designed for the accommodation of one mobile home unit.
- A mobile home unit.
No person shall park, locate or place any mobile home outside of a licensed mobile home park in the Town of Milton except:
Unoccupied mobile home may be parked on the lawfully situated premises of a licensed mobile home dealer for purposes of sales display; and
The premises leased or owned by the owner of such mobile home for purposes of sales display for a period not exceeding 120 days, provided no business is carried on therein, or in an accessory private garage, building or rear yard of the owner of such mobile home.
Temporary monthly emergency permits may be granted by the Town Board for one mobile home per farm owner to the farm owner for a mobile home to be used exclusively to house employees that are engaged in farm work more than 51% of the time. The farm owner shall be required to apply with the Town Clerk for said permit and the farm landowner shall be required to pay a monthly fee, as set by resolution of the Town Board, for each month that the mobile home is located on the farm premises. This permit may be terminated by vote of the Town Board whenever the above conditions are not fulfilled by the applicant; and the applicant shall have 30 days from the date of the termination notice to remove said mobile home from the Town. If said mobile home is not removed within the thirty-day period, it shall be removed by order of the Town Board and the expenses of moving shall be assessed to the owner.
[Added 2-4-1974; amended 6-10-1974]
All monthly permits previously granted for mobile homes by the Town Board shall be renewed by the Board at the rate as set by resolution of the Town Board per month effective July 1, 1974. If the fee is not paid, the Town Board shall issue notice of payment due. If the payments due are not paid within 30 days of the notice of payment due, the Board shall vote to terminate the permit and issue a termination notice to remove said mobile home from the Town within 30 days of the date of the notice. If said mobile home is not removed, it shall be removed by order of the Town Board and the expense of removal, including legal expense and actual expense of moving, shall be assessed to the owner.
[Added 2-4-1974; amended 6-10-1974; 7-18-2013 by Ord. No. 2013-1]
[Amended 7-18-2013 by Ord. No. 2013-1]
Mobile homes legally located and occupied on premises outside a licensed mobile home park prior to the enactment of this chapter may be continued in such location, provided that the owner of the premises on which such unit is located shall apply to the Town Board within 60 days after the effective date of this chapter for a use permit showing the date on which such use and occupancy commenced, the names of the owner and occupants and that such use and occupancy is otherwise in conformity with the applicable laws and regulations of the Town and state. Such nonconforming use shall be automatically terminated upon a discontinuance for any reason for 12 consecutive months or if the total structural repairs and alterations to the mobile home exceed 50% of the net value.
The owner or occupant of a mobile home shall, within five days after entering of a licensed mobile home park or removing to another park within the Town, obtain a permit from the Town Clerk. Such permits shall be issued for mobile homes which bear seal, stamp or certificate of the manufacturer guaranteeing that the mobile home is constructed in accordance with the standards of the American National Standards Institute Book A 119.1.
[Amended 7-18-2013 by Ord. No. 2013-1]
No person shall construct, alter, modify, or extend any mobile park or mobile home park building or facility within the limits of the Town of Milton.
Editor's Note : Original § 5, Standard requirements for mobile home parks, additions or extensions; § 6, Mobile home park operator's license; § 7, Operation of mobile home parks: responsibilities of park management; § 8, Responsibilities and duties of mobile home park occupants; § 9, Additional regulations on mobile homes and mobile homes park, and § 10, Monthly parking fee, which immediately followed this section, were repealed 7-18-2013 by Ord. No. 2013-1.
[Added 4-9-2007 by Ord. No. 67; amended 7-8-2019 by Ord. No. 67]
Applicability. This section shall apply to all parking sites for mobile homes and/or recreational vehicles as defined in § 66.0435(1)(d), Wis. Stats., of any size located within the Town of Milton which are seasonally occupied but not occupied year round. Seasonal use shall not exceed six months.
Parking site fee.
A parking fee is hereby imposed upon any seasonal mobile home and/or recreational vehicle parking site located within a licensed campground in the Town of Milton. The amount of said fee shall be $105 per seasonal mobile home and/or recreational vehicle parking site for the year 2020. The parking site fee shall be increased $5 every year thereafter.
The owner of the land on which the mobile home or recreational vehicle parking site is located shall be responsible for payment to the Town of all mobile home or recreational vehicle parking site permit fees owed.
Verification. The owners of the land on which a seasonal mobile home or recreational vehicle parking site is located shall, by January 1 of each year, file with the Town Clerk a parking site map showing the location of each and every seasonal mobile home or recreational vehicle parking site located on the land of said landowner. The Town Building Inspector, Town Assessor, and/or Town Board are authorized to inspect the land on which seasonal mobile home and/or recreational vehicle parking sites are located at all reasonable times to insure compliance with the provisions of this chapter.
Any person violating any provisions of this article or failing to perform any duty imposed hereunder of this chapter or failing to perform any duty imposed hereunder or committing any act prohibited hereby shall, upon conviction thereof, forfeit not more than $200 and the costs of prosecution and, in default of payment of such forfeiture and costs, shall be imprisoned in the county jail until payment is made, but not exceeding 30 days for each violation. Each day of violation of any provision of this chapter shall be deemed to constitute a separate offense.