[HISTORY: Adopted by the Board of Supervisors of the Township of West Manchester 4-12-1984 by Ord. No. 84-1. Amendments noted where applicable.]
Manager — See Ch. 5.
The following words, when used in this chapter, shall have the meanings ascribed to them in this section, except where the context clearly indicates or requires a different meaning:
- Any person who leases or rents a residence located within the boundaries of West Manchester Township to a tenant.
- Any natural person, partnership, association, firm or corporation.
- Any house, room, mobile home, mobile home lot, apartment or other dwelling unit designed for the use of one or more persons as a place of abode, excluding hotel rooms, motel units and other similar accommodations for transient persons.
- TAX COLLECTOR
- The duly elected Tax Collector of West Manchester Township.
- Any person over 18 years of age who occupies a leased or rented residence located within the boundaries of West Manchester Township which residence has been leased or rented from a landlord.
- The Township of West Manchester.
Within 30 days of the effective date of this chapter, each landlord shall submit to West Manchester Township a list specifying the name and address of all tenants who occupy a residence leased or rented by the landlord to the tenant.
The information required by § 129-2 hereof shall be submitted to the Township on forms prepared by the Township and supplied to the landlord by the Township.
After the initial list of tenants as required by § 129-2 hereof has been submitted to the Township by the landlord, the landlord shall, within 15 days of the end of the month in which the tenant vacates the residence, notify the Township of the name and address of each tenant who has vacated the residence.
After the initial list of tenants as required by § 129-2 hereof has been submitted to the Township by the landlord, the landlord shall, within 15 days of the end of the month in which a tenant occupies a residence, notify the Township of the name and address of each tenant who has occupied the residence.
The Township Manager shall have the duty to notify the Tax Collector, at least quarterly, of the notifications filed under this chapter so that the Tax Collector may maintain accurate and complete records.
[Amended 11-14-1991 by Ord. No. 91-09; 5-9-1996 by Ord. No. 96-14; 6-26-1997 by Ord. No. 97-15]
Any person who shall violate any of the provisions of this chapter shall, upon being found liable therefor in a civil enforcement proceeding commenced by West Manchester Township, pay a fine not exceeding $600 plus all court costs, including reasonable attorney's fees, incurred by West Manchester Township. West Manchester Township police officers, the appropriate code enforcement officers of West Manchester Township or other appropriate officer or officers of West Manchester Township shall have the power to enforce the provisions of this chapter. The amount of the fine imposed for the violation of this chapter shall be established by the officer who determines that a violation has occurred. Notice of the violation of this chapter and the amount of the fine imposed shall be given by personal delivery or by certified mail to the person violating this chapter. If the person violating this chapter fails or refuses to pay the fine imposed within the period specified in the notice of the violation of this chapter, the Township shall file a civil enforcement proceeding with the District Magistrate to enforce the fine imposed.