[Adopted 12-10-1998 by Ord. No. 568 (Ch. 2, Part 5, of the 1987 Code of Ordinances)]
As used in this article, the following terms shall have the meanings indicated:
- A Felis libyca domestica kept as a pet and/or for rodent control.
- Any person having a right of property in such cat, and every person who keeps or harbors such cat or has it in its care, and every person who permits such cat to remain on or about any premises occupied by him.
- Any person, firm, partnership, association, or corporation.
- RUNNING AT LARGE
- Being upon any public highway, street, alley, park, or any other public land, or upon property of another person other than the owner, and not being accompanied by or under the control of the owner or any other person having custody of said cat.
- The practice of inoculations with a vaccine to afford protection from rabies.
It shall be unlawful for any owner to have any cat that becomes a nuisance in the Township. Acts of nuisances shall include, but are expressly not restricted to the follow:
The frequent raising of any disturbance between the hours of 7:00 p.m. and 7:00 a.m., prevailing time, or at extended intervals at any other time of the day, or both.
Frequent digging into flower beds, lawns, children's sandboxes, gardens or the depositing of feces or urine, and/or otherwise damaging shrubbery, trees or lawns, or premises, personal property or other property not belonging to the owner of the cat.
No owner shall permit a cat to enter upon any area designated as a tot lot in any publicly owned park or playground.
Any owner of a cat shall comply with, and be current with rabies vaccination requirements of the laws of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania with regard to cats.
Running at large: No owner of a cat shall permit the cat to run at large within Upper Chichester Township.
Any person, firm or corporation who shall violate any provision of this article shall, upon conviction thereof, be sentenced to pay a fine of not more than $1,000, together with the costs of prosecution, and, in default of payment of such fine and costs, shall be subject to imprisonment for a term not to exceed 30 days. Every day that a violation of this article continues shall constitute a separate offense.