[HISTORY: Adopted by the Township Committee of the Township of Freehold 12-18-2012 by Ord. No. O-12-24. Amendments noted where applicable.]
As used in this chapter, the following terms shall have the following meanings:
- CO-SPONSORED PROGRAM
- Any program, including but not limited to nonprofit youth-serving organizations as defined below, which receives benefits, either directly or indirectly, including but not limited to the provision of funding and/or the provision of fields, facilities and/or equipment (and including the maintenance of same), from the Township of Freehold.
- CPR/AED TRAINING
- Cardiopulmonary resuscitation with automatic external defibrillator, adult and child, with a certification for completion of training.
- NONPROFIT YOUTH-SERVING ORGANIZATION
- A corporation, association or other organization established pursuant to Title 15 of the Revised Statutes, Title 15A of the New Jersey Statutes or other law of the state (but excluding public and nonpublic schools) and which provides recreational, cultural, charitable, social or other activities or services for persons younger than 18 years of age, and is exempt from federal income taxes.
- SPONSORED PROGRAM
- Recreation programs run directly by the Freehold Township Department of Parks and Recreation, including oversight, control and/or fiscal contribution.
- TOWNSHIP EMPLOYEES
- All full-time, part-time and seasonal employees of the Freehold Township Department of Parks and Recreation.
- VOLUNTEER COACH
- Any person involved with coaching or supervising participants in a nonprofit youth-serving organization, whether the title is coach, manager or another title consistent with these terms.
The Township of Freehold requires that all volunteer coaches of nonprofit youth-serving organizations involved in sponsored or co-sponsored programs (hereafter "coaches") and Township employees receive CPR/AED training, and possess a current, in-force certification evidencing such training. In the event any coaches or Township employees may have CPR/AED training and current certification of a higher level than that which is required by this chapter, such training shall be deemed to satisfy the requirements of this chapter.
All coaches and Township employees shall have until June 30, 2013, within which to achieve the required certification.
[Amended 2-26-2013 by Ord. No. O-13-4]
Failure to achieve such certification within the time set forth herein shall disqualify such person from serving as a coach on any Township facility or in conjunction with any sponsored program or co-sponsored program.
The Director of the Freehold Township Parks and Recreation may set forth policies and procedures which shall not be inconsistent with this chapter.
The Township of Freehold shall bear the cost for the training required by this chapter.