[Ord. No. 3744-06 §1, 5-3-2006]
Definitions. When used in this Article, the following words shall have the meaning indicated herein
- The Real Property Tax Increment Allocation Redevelopment Act, Sections 99.800 through 99.865, RSMo., as amended.
- The Mayor and City Council of the City of Hazelwood, Missouri, acting in their official capacity.
- REDEVELOPMENT AREA
- An area designated by the City in respect to which the City, upon recommendation of its TIF Commission, has made a finding that there exist conditions which caused the area to be classified as a blighted area, a conservation area, an economic development area or a combination thereof.
- REDEVELOPMENT PLAN
- The comprehensive plan for redevelopment of an area intended by the payment of redevelopment costs to reduce or eliminate those conditions, the existence of which qualified the redevelopment area as a blighted area, a conservation area, an economic development area or a combination thereof and thereby enhance the tax base of the taxing districts which extend into the redevelopment areas. Each redevelopment plan adopted shall conform to the requirements of Section 99.810 of the Act.
- REDEVELOPMENT PROJECT
- Any redevelopment project within a designated redevelopment area in furtherance of the objectives of the redevelopment plan.
- TIF COMMISSION
- The Tax Increment Financing Commission of the City of Hazelwood, Missouri, as authorized pursuant to Section 99.820 of the Act.
[Ord. No. 3744-06 §2, 5-3-2006]
There is hereby established a Commission to be known as the "Tax Increment Financing Commission of the City of Hazelwood, Missouri" ("TIF Commission"). All members of the Commission shall serve without compensation.
[Ord. No. 3744-06 §3, 5-3-2006]
The TIF Commission shall serve as an advisory body to the City as it relates to the consideration of tax increment financing proposals submitted by interested parties or initiated by any public agency in accordance with the Act. The TIF Commission shall hold public hearings and give notice pursuant to Sections 99.825 and 99.830 of the Act on proposed redevelopment plans, redevelopment projects and designation of redevelopment areas and amendments thereto. The TIF Commission shall vote on all proposed redevelopment plans, redevelopment projects and designations of redevelopment areas and amendments thereto, within thirty (30) days following completion of a hearing on any such plan, project, designation or amendment and shall make recommendations to the City within ninety (90) days of a hearing referred to in Section 99.825 of the Act concerning adoption of or amendment to redevelopment plans, redevelopment projects and/or designation of redevelopment areas.
[Ord. No. 3744-06 §4, 5-3-2006]
The TIF Commission shall elect from among its number a Chairman, Vice Chairman and Secretary. Meetings of the TIF Commission shall be open to the public to the extent provided by law and a record of each meeting shall be kept. The TIF Commission shall have the authority to establish rules and procedures not in conflict with City ordinances or policies or the Act and shall meet as required to fulfill its obligations set forth in the Act.
[Ord. No. 3744-06 §5, 5-3-2006]
Membership on the TIF Commission shall consist of two (2) classes of members: City appointees and other appointees. The TIF Commission shall be composed of twelve (12) persons of which six (6) shall be City appointees and six (6) shall be other appointees. Regardless of class, each member of the TIF Commission shall have one (1) vote on all matters properly before it and shall participate in all deliberations of the TIF Commission without differentiation.
[Ord. No. 3744-06 §6, 5-3-2006]
The City appointees shall be appointed by the Mayor with the consent and approval of the City Council. Any vacancies shall be filled for the unexpired terms in the same manner as were the original appointments.
Terms of office for City appointees shall be for a term of four (4) years, except two (2) of the initial appointments shall be for a term of two (2) years and two (2) of the initial appointments shall be for a term of three (3) years from the date of initial appointment.
[Ord. No. 3744-06 §7, 5-3-2006]
Other appointees shall be appointed in accordance with the Act when a redevelopment area, redevelopment plan or redevelopment project is proposed to be established or amended or at such earlier date as the City shall invite other affected taxing jurisdictions to do so. Three (3) of the other appointees shall be appointed in accordance with Section 99.820, as amended. Two (2) of the other appointees shall be appointed by the Board of Education of the school district(s) whose district(s) is (are) affected and one (1) other appointee shall be appointed in any manner agreed to by the other affected taxing jurisdictions levying ad valorem taxes within the contemplated redevelopment area included in a redevelopment plan. The City shall not be considered a taxing jurisdiction for purposes of appointment of the other appointee.
The term of office of the other appointees shall consist of the period of time from the time that the affected school district(s) and other affected taxing jurisdictions are notified in writing of a proposed redevelopment plan or designation of a redevelopment area until final approval or disapproval of the redevelopment plan, redevelopment project or designation of a redevelopment area by the City in response to an initiating proposal.
In the event the appropriate appointing authority, affected school district(s) or other affected taxing jurisdictions shall fail to appoint other appointees within thirty (30) days of receipt of written notices of a proposed redevelopment plan, redevelopment project, designation of a redevelopment area or amendment thereto, the remaining City appointees and other appointees may proceed to exercise the power of the TIF Commission as it relates to proposals then before it.
[Ord. No. 3744-06 §8, 5-3-2006]
The Commission is requested to faces its considerations on the potential redevelopment area outlined on Exhibit A which is on file in the City offices and incorporated herein by reference.