[CC 1985 §10.5-76; Ord. No. 2484 §1, 6-21-1988; Ord. No. 3979 §1, 6-11-2015]
The following definitions shall apply in the interpretation and enforcement of this Division:
- GUEST LODGING
- A lodging establishment renting guest rooms only to transient guests and having fewer than ten (10) guest rooms. Guest lodging includes "bed and breakfast(s)" or "bed and breakfast inns" or references thereto in the Municipal Code of the City of Ste. Genevieve.
- GUEST ROOM
- Any room or unit where sleeping accommodations are regularly furnished to the public.
- LODGING ESTABLISHMENT
- Any building, group of buildings, structure, facility, place or business where one (1) or more guest rooms are provided, which is owned, maintained or operated by any person and which is kept, used, maintained, advertised or held out to the public for hire which can be construed to be a hotel, motel, motor hotel, bed and breakfast inn, apartment motel, tourist court, resort, cabins, tourist home, bunkhouse, dormitory, vacation rental by owner, or other similar place by whatever name called, and includes all such accommodations operated for hire as lodging establishments for either transient guests, permanent guests or for both transient and permanent guests.
- The person responsible for obtaining a business license from the City of Ste. Genevieve for operating the lodging establishment.
- PERMANENT GUEST
- Any person who rents and occupies a guest room in a lodging establishment for a period of thirty-one (31) days or more during any twelve (12) month period.
- Any individual, partnership, corporation, association, organization, firm or Federal, State, County, City, Village or municipal association or corporation.
- TRANSIENT GUEST
- Any person who rents and occupies a guest room in a lodging establishment for a period of less than thirty-one (31) days during any twelve (12) month period.
Editor’s Note: Former Section 605.140, Location Restricted, enacted 6-21-1988 by §2 of Ord. No. 2484, was repealed 6-11-2015 by §1 of Ord. No. 3979.
[CC 1985 §10.5-78; Ord. No. 2484 §3, 6-21-1988; Ord. No. 3979 §1, 6-11-2015]
No business license may be issued to the owner of a lodging establishment unless the owner provides the City Clerk with the owner's Missouri sales tax number.
[CC 1985 §10.5-79; Ord. No. 2484 §4, 6-21-1988; Ord. No. 3979 §1, 6-11-2015]
Each guest room in lodging establishments shall contain an operative smoke alarm and in all other respects comply with Chapter 500 Building and Building Codes.
[CC 1985 §10.5-80; Ord. No. 2484 §5, 6-21-1988; Ord. No. 3979 §1, 6-11-2015]
No cooking facilities shall be allowed in a lodging establishment sleeping room.
[CC 1985 §10.5-81; Ord. No. 2484 §6, 6-21-1988; Ord. No. 3979 §1, 6-11-2015]
Lodging establishments primarily renting guest rooms to transient guests and who have fewer than ten (10) guest rooms shall not serve meals to the public except to transient guests only.
[CC 1985 §10.5-82; Ord. No. 2484 §7, 6-21-1988; Ord. No. 3979 §1, 6-11-2015]
The owner must comply with all other City zoning and safety ordinances as well as all County, State and Federal law, rule or regulation applying to the operation of the lodging establishment.
[CC 1985 §10.5-83; Ord. No. 2484 §8, 6-21-1988; Ord. No. 3979 §1, 6-11-2015]
The annual license fee for a lodging establishment shall be twenty-five dollars ($25.00) if five (5) or less guest rooms; five dollars ($5.00) per room if more than five (5).