[Ord. No. 2 §1, 8-19-1966]
The Seal of the City of Lake Ozark shall be circular in form, two (2) inches in diameter, surrounded by the words, "Seal of the City of Lake Ozark, Missouri," and the picture of the scales of justice in the center thereof, and the same is hereby declared to be adopted as the Official Seal of the City of Lake Ozark, Missouri.
[Ord. No. 2008-10, 2-26-2008]
The boundaries of the City of Lake Ozark shall be shown on the official Zoning District Map which is filed in the office of the City Clerk and any ordinances duly passed and approved amending said boundary as may be on file in the office of the City Clerk. The official Zoning District Map shall act as a plat of the City of Lake Ozark.
[Ord. No. 154 §§1 — 2, 3-13-1985]
The Mayor and City Clerk be, and are hereby authorized to execute all documentation necessary to establish the City of Lake Ozark as a member of the Missouri Intergovernmental Risk Management Association.
Said documentation shall be in the form shown on Exhibit "A", styled Articles of Association, By-Laws, and Membership Contract of the Missouri Intergovernmental Risk Management Association, incorporated by reference and on file in the office of the City Clerk.
[Ord. No. 96-2 §§1 — 2, 1-23-1996; Ord. No. 2011-14, 6-28-2011]
Any person found guilty of an ordinance violation of any ordinance of the City of Lake Ozark shall be punished by a fine of not less than one dollar ($1.00) nor more than five hundred dollars ($500.00), or by confinement of not more than ninety (90) days, or by both such fine and confinement. However, if any such ordinance violation be one defined by Section 479.350 RSMo., as a "minor traffic violation," then any fine, combined with the amount of court costs, shall not exceed three hundred dollars ($300.00). In addition, there shall be no confinement for the violation of a minor traffic violation, except that confinement may be imposed if the minor traffic violation involves alcohol or controlled substances, violations endangering the health or welfare of others, and eluding or giving false information to a law enforcement officer.
[Ord. No. 2015-39 §1, 9-22-2015]
With respect to ordinances under Chapter 405 of Title IV of the Municipal Code of the City of Lake Ozark, any person, whether the owner or agent of a building or premises, where a violation of any provision of Chapter 405 has been or is being committed or shall exist, or the lessee or tenant of an entire building or entire premises where such violation has been or is being committed or shall exist, or the owner, agent, lessee or tenant of any part of a building or premises in which such violation has been or is being committed or shall exist, or the agent, architect, builder, contractor or any other person who commits, takes part in or assists in any such violation or who maintains any building or premises in which any such violation shall exist, shall be punishable upon conviction by a fine of not less than ten dollars ($10.00) and not more than one hundred dollars ($100.00) for each and every day that such violation continues or exists. However, if the court finds that the offense was willfully committed, then upon conviction the punishment shall be a fine of not less than one hundred dollars ($100.00) and not more than five hundred dollars ($500.00) for each and every day that such violation shall continue or exist, or by imprisonment for ten (10) days for each and every day that such violation shall continue, or by both such fine and imprisonment in the discretion of the court.
With respect to ordinances under Chapter 405 of Title IV of the Municipal Code of the City of Lake Ozark, any person, who having been served with an order or notice from the City to remove or cease any such violations, that fails or refuses to comply with such order or notice within ten (10) days after service thereof or shall continue to violate any provision of the regulations made under the authority of Chapter 405 in the respect named in such order or notice shall be deemed to have willfully violated such ordinances as referenced in Subsection (C) of this Section, and that person shall be subject to, in addition to the punishment referenced in Subsection (C) of this Section, a mandatory civil penalty of two hundred fifty dollars ($250.00).
In the construction of this Code and of all other ordinances of the City, the following definitions and rules of construction shall be observed, unless it shall be otherwise expressly provided in any Section or ordinance, or unless inconsistent with the manifest intent of the Board of Aldermen, or unless the context clearly requires otherwise:
- BOARD OF ALDERMEN
- The words "Board of Aldermen" or "The Board" shall mean Board of Aldermen of the City of Lake Ozark.
- The City of Lake Ozark, Missouri.
- COMPUTATION OF TIME
- The time within which an act is to be done shall be computed by excluding the first and including the last day; and if the last day is Sunday or a legal holiday, that shall be excluded.
- The Counties of Miller and /or Camden, State of Missouri.
- When any subject matter, party or person is described or referred to by words importing the masculine, females as well as males, and associations and bodies corporate as well as individuals, shall be deemed to be included.
- JOINT AUTHORITY
- Words importing joint authority to three (3) or more persons shall be construed as authority to a majority of such persons, unless otherwise declared in the law giving the authority.
- A calendar month.
- When any subject matter, party or person is described or referred to by words importing the singular number, the plural and several matters and persons and bodies corporate shall be deemed to be included.
- Shall be construed to include an affirmation in all cases in which, by law, an affirmation may be substituted for an oath, and in such cases the words "swear" and "sworn" shall be equivalent to the words "affirm" and "affirmed".
- Applied to a building or land, shall include any part owner, joint owner, tenant in common, joint tenant or tenant by the entirety, of the whole or a part of such building or land.
- Shall include a corporation, firm, partnership, association, organization and any other group acting as a unit as well as individuals. It shall also include an executor, administrator, trustee, receiver or other representative appointed according to law. Whenever the word "person" is used in any Section of this Code prescribing a penalty or fine, as to partnerships or associations, the word shall include the partners or members thereof, and as to corporations, shall include the officers, agents or members thereof who are responsible for any violation of such Section.
- PRECEDING, FOLLOWING
- Shall mean next before and next after, respectively.
- Shall include real and personal property.
- PUBLIC WAY
- Shall include any street, alley, boulevard, parkway, highway, sidewalk or other public thoroughfare.
- REAL PROPERTY
- The terms "real property", "premises", "real estate" or "lands" shall be deemed to be co-extensive with lands, tenements and hereditaments.
- SHALL, MAY
- "Shall" is mandatory, "May" is permissive.
- That portion of the street right-of-way between the curb line and the adjacent property line which is intended for the use of pedestrians.
- Where the written signature of any person is required, the proper handwriting of such person or his/her mark shall be intended.
- The State of Missouri.
- Shall mean and include any public way, highway, street, avenue, boulevard, parkway, alley or other public thoroughfare, and each of such words shall include all of them.
- TENANT, OCCUPANT
- Applied to a building or land, shall include any person who occupies the whole or a part of such building or land, whether alone or with others.
- Shall include printing, lithographing or other mode of representing words and letters, but in all cases where the signature of any person is required, the proper handwriting of the person, or his/her mark, is intended.
- A calendar year, unless otherwise expressed.
All general provisions, terms, phrases and expressions contained in this Code shall be liberally construed in order that the true intent and meaning of the Board of Aldermen may be fully carried out.
[Ord. No. 2002-13, 6-11-2002]
Any person, firm, company or other legal entity who makes payable a check to the City of Lake Ozark or any of its agencies which is refused or dishonored because of the failure to maintain an account in the bank upon which the check is drawn or because of insufficient funds in the maker's account shall have imposed upon him by the City Collector an additional fee of twenty-five dollars ($25.00).
The City Collector is directed to collect the charge directly from the maker of the instrument or if the instrument was made in payment of a bill which the City is required to collect, such as water, sewer or electric bills, the Collector is authorized to add the charge to the amount of the bill, non-payment of which will result in termination of the service as provided by law or ordinance.