[Ord. No. 8357, 11-27-2017]
The International Residential Code, 2015 Edition, including Appendixes A, B, C, D, G, H, and K as published by the International Code Council, Inc., one (1) copy of which was on file in the office of the City Clerk for a period of ninety (90) days prior to the adoption of this Chapter and available for public use, inspection and examination, and a copy of which is attached hereto and incorporated by this reference as if fully set forth herein, is hereby adopted as the Residential Code of the City of Florissant, Missouri, subject to the amendments, additions, insertions, deletions and changes set out in Section 505.070 of this Chapter.
[Ord. No. 8357, 11-27-2017]
The following numbered Sections and Subsections of the International Residential Code, 2015 Edition, including Appendixes A, B, C, D, G, H, and K as published by the International Code Council, Inc., are hereby amended by additions, insertions, deletions and amendments so that such Sections and Subsections shall read as follows:
Section 101.1 Title (Amended). These provisions shall be known as the Residential Code for One- and Two-Family Dwellings of the City of Florissant and shall be cited as such and will be referred to herein as "this code."
Section 105.2 Work exempt from permit (Amended). Exemption from permit requirements of this code shall not be deemed to grand authorization for any work to be done in any manner in violation of the provisions of this code or any other laws or ordinances of this jurisdiction. Permits shall not be required for the following:
2. (Amended) Fence repairs if total linear feet of repair is twenty-five percent (25%) or less than the total cumulative fence length on the parcel.
3. (Amended) - Retaining walls that are not over two (2) feet in height measured from the bottom of the footing to the top of the wall, unless supporting a surcharge load.
4. (Unchanged from code text)
5. (Amended) - Sidewalks and driveways not more than thirty (30) inches above grade and not over any basement or story above. However, any excavation in a public right-of-way requires an approval and/or permit from the City of Florissant.
6. (Amended) Painting, papering, tiling, carpeting, cabinets, countertops and similar finish work, unless it interferes with another required system, component, safety condition or requirement.
7. (Amended) Swings, playground equipment and other recreational structures or equipment accessory to detached one- and two-family dwellings.
8. (Unchanged from code text)
9. (Unchanged from code text)
11. (Added) Removal and installation of exterior coverings provided the work does not interfere with other required systems or components. All newly installed exterior coverings and roofing materials must match the existing in appearance and color, texture and profile so as not to promote visual blight and shall be constructed in a workmanlike manner.
12. (Added) Re-roofing provided the scope of work does not include installation of more than twenty-five percent (25%) of roof decking. All applicable code sections still apply and may be enforced if found to be installed contrary to this code. All newly installed exterior coverings and roofing materials must match the existing in appearance and color, texture and profile so as not to promote visual blight and shall be constructed in a workmanlike manner.
Electrical: (Unchanged from code text)
Gas: (Unchanged from code text)
Mechanical: (Unchanged from code text)
Plumbing: (Unchanged from code text)
Section 105.2.1 Emergency Repairs (Amended): Where equipment or system replacements and/or repairs must be performed in an emergency situation, the permit application shall be submitted within forty-eight (48) working hours of said repair or replacement.
Section 105.3.3 Integrated permits (Added). The Code Official shall be permitted to issue integrated building, plumbing, electrical and/or mechanical permits on a single permit application. The integrated permit primary applicant shall be responsible for providing the Department of Public Works copies of the plumbing, electrical and/or mechanical permit form with the name, signature and license number of the appropriate subcontractor. Any change in the identity of the named subcontractor after issuance of the permit shall result in the assessment of a transfer or revision fee in the amount specified in this Code.
Section 105.7 Placement of Permit (Amended): The building permit authorization card and stamped approved plans shall be kept on the construction site until completion of the work. The authorization card shall be placed in a window visible from the street upon which the structure or structures face, or located on the exterior of the structure facing the street in a clear waterproof container.
Section 112.1 General (Deleted and replaced). In order to hear and decide appeals of orders, decisions, or determinations made by the building official relative to the application and interpretation of this code, The Board of Appeals shall be the Planning and Zoning Commission as established by the Code of Ordinances of the City of Florissant in Charter Section 11.1. The building official shall be an ex officio member of the board when hearing building code appeals but shall not have a vote on any matter before the board.
Section R113.4 Violation penalties (Amended). Any person, firm, corporation, limited liability company or other business entity who shall violate any provision of this code shall be subject to the penalties of Section 100.080 of the Code of Ordinances of the City of Florissant.
Section 113.5 Method of Service (Added): Such notice shall be deemed to be properly served upon the owner, owner's agent or upon the person responsible for the structure if a copy thereof is:
1. Delivered personally by leaving the notice with a responsible party of suitable age and discretion.
2. Delivered by regular mail, certified mail, first class mail, registered mail, courier service, UPS, FedEx, Amazon, or any similar service with delivery confirmation, to the most recent known address or the mailing address according to the real estate property records of St. Louis County Missouri.
3. A copy thereof may be posted in a conspicuous place in or about the structure affected by such notice.
Table R301.2(1) (Amended to have the following values inserted):
Ground Snow Load - Twenty (20) Pounds Per Square Foot
Wind Speeds - One Hundred Fifteen (115) Miles Per Hour
Topographic Effects - NO
Special Wind Region - NO
Wind-Borne Debris Zone - NO
Seismic Design Category - C
Weathering - Severe
Front In Line Depth - Thirty (30) Inches
Termite - Moderate to Heavy
Winter Design Temperature - Five (5) Degrees Fahrenheit
Ice Shield Underlayment Required - YES, At Valleys and Eves
Flood Hazard - See Chapter 415 of the Florissant Code of Ordinances
Air Freezing Index - 1500
Mean Annual Temperature - 53.3 Degrees Fahrenheit
Section 312.1.5 Retaining wall protection (Added). Guards shall be provided where retaining walls with differences in grade level on either side of the wall in excess of thirty (30) inches are located closer than two (2) feet to a walk, path, parking lot or driveway on the high side of the retaining wall.
Section 313.2 One- and two-family dwellings automatic fire systems (Amended). Any builder of single-family dwellings or residences or multi-family dwellings of four (4) or fewer units shall offer, in writing, to any purchaser the option to install or equip such dwellings or residences with a fire sprinkler system at the purchaser's cost in accord with the requirements of State of Missouri law, Section 67.281, RSMo., Supp. 2009.
Section 327 FENCES WALLS AND SCREENS (Added).
Section 327.1 Fences general (Added). All fences, walls and screens must be constructed in accordance with the Zoning Code of the City of Florissant. It shall be unlawful to erect any division, fence or screen, in whole or in part, of cloth, canvas or similar non-durable material.
Section 327.2 Finished side (Added). The finished side of fences shall face all neighboring properties including streets and alleys so as to prohibit the view of fence posts and support rails from adjoining properties.
Exception: In cases where both sides of a fence are intended to be finished, i.e. shadowbox or basket weave construction, etc.
Section 2603.5.1: Building Sewer depth (Amended). Building sewers that connect to private sewage disposal systems shall be not less than thirty (30) inches below finished grade at the point of septic tank connection. Building sewers shall not be less than thirty (30) inches below grade at any point.