City of Mission, KS
Johnson County
By using eCode360 you agree to be legally bound by the Terms of Use. If you do not agree to the Terms of Use, please do not use eCode360.
Table of Contents
Table of Contents
[Code 1983; CC 2000 §3-301]
It shall be unlawful for any person to keep for sale, offer for sale or expose for sale or sell any alcoholic liquor as defined by the "Kansas Liquor Control Act" without first having procured a license so to do as required by the Act to sell the same. Any person violating the provisions of this Section shall upon conviction be punished by a fine of not more than one hundred dollars ($100.00) for each day's violation. Provided, that nothing herein shall be construed to prohibit the City from collecting the occupation tax by any procedure authorized by law.
The holder of a license for the retail sale in the City of alcoholic liquors by the package issued by the State Director of Alcoholic Beverage Control shall present such license to the City Clerk when applying to pay the occupation tax levied in Section 103.030 and the tax shall be received and a receipt shall be issued for the period covered by the State license.
[Code 1974 §3-106; Code 1997; CC 2000 §3-302; Charter Ord. No. 9 §2, 7-23-2003; Charter Ord. No. 13 §2, 5-26-2004; Ord. No. 1115 §§1 — 2, 5-26-2004]
It shall be illegal for any person to sell at retail any alcoholic liquor at any time, except that these retail sales shall be allowed between the hours of 9:00 A.M. and 11:00 P.M. Monday through Saturday; provided however, that no sales shall be allowed on Thanksgiving Day or on Christmas Day.
Sale At Retail — Forbidden On Certain Days — Hours Of Sale, Exception. In addition to the provisions found in Subsection (A) of this Section, the sale at retail of any alcoholic liquor shall be allowed between the hours of 11:00 A.M. and 7:00 P.M. on Sundays; provided however, that no sales of alcoholic liquor shall be allowed on Easter Day.
No person shall knowingly sell, give away, dispose of, exchange or deliver, or permit the sale, gift or procuring of any alcoholic liquor to or for any person who is an incapacitated person, or any person who is physically or mentally incapacitated by the consumption of such liquor.
Violation of this Section is a misdemeanor punishable by a fine of not less than one hundred dollars ($100.00) and not exceeding two hundred fifty dollars ($250.00) or imprisonment not exceeding thirty (30) days, or both.
[Ord. No. 7, 7-31-1951; Code 1974 §3-102; Code 1983 §3-210; Code 1987; CC 2000 §3-307; Ord. No. 1351 §4, 7-20-2011]
Any person holding a valid Kansas retailer's license for alcoholic liquors for consumption off the premises shall furnish to the City Clerk, on a form provided, the following information:
Name of applicant;
Address of applicant;
Address of premises where liquor sold;
If applicant is a corporation, name and address of registered agent;
If applicant is a partnership, name and address of each partner;
Length of applicant's residence in Kansas;
Does applicant presently hold any other liquor license?
Has applicant's license ever been revoked or suspended?
Does applicant have a Kansas State retail liquor license?
When does it expire?
Owner of premises licensed?
If applicant is not the owner, give date and term of lease or other rental agreement.
The application for retail liquor occupation license shall be accompanied by a license fee as provided by the fee schedule set out in Chapter 103, Section 103.030, and shall be verified. Upon receipt of the fee and application in correct form, the City Clerk shall issue a receipt-occupation license for the period covered by the State license.