City of Eldon, MO
Miller County
By using eCode360 you agree to be legally bound by the Terms of Use. If you do not agree to the Terms of Use, please do not use eCode360.
Table of Contents
Table of Contents

Section 705.010 When Payment Due — Penalty.

[CC 1988 §27.010; Ord. No. 1736 §1(27.010), 12-8-1998; Ord. No. 1812 §1, 6-27-2000]
All bills for any water/sewer service furnished by the City shall be due and payable on or before the fifteenth (15) day of the month which is printed on the bill. Should the due day fall on a Sunday or holiday observed by the City, the next following business day shall be allowed as a day of grace for such payment. A service charge of five dollars ($5.00) shall be charged for all delinquent payments.

Section 705.020 Disconnection For Non-Payment.

[CC 1988 §27.020; Ord. No. 1812 §1, 6-27-2000; Ord. No. 2157 §1, 11-10-2008; Ord. No. 2013-09 §1, 2-12-2013]
In the event bills for water/sewer services furnished by the City are not paid by 5:00 P.M. on the last business day preceding the twenty-sixth (26th) day of the month, water service will be disconnected the twenty-sixth (26th) of the month and remain off until a service charge of twenty dollars ($20.00) as defined in Section 705.040 plus the past due month and the current month's bill are paid in full, unless:
The customer contacts the City in person no later than 5:00 P.M. the last business day preceding the twenty-sixth (26th) day of the month due to apply for an extension, and
The customer has not requested an extension more than four (4) times in the previous twelve (12) months, and
Payment may not be extended past the ninth (9th) day of the month following the month in which the bill was due.
Payment received after 5:00 P.M. on the last business day preceding the twenty-sixth (26th) day of the month, whether it be prior to physical disconnection of service or after physical disconnection of service, shall be considered late and a service charge of twenty dollars ($20.00) as defined in Section 705.040 will be due.

Section 705.025 Water Meter Tap Fees.

[Ord. No. 2113 §1, 3-11-2008]
The water meter tap fees shall be three hundred seventy-five dollars ($375.00) plus the cost of materials.

Section 705.030 Obstructing Meter.

[Ord. No. 1913 §1(27.021), 9-23-2003]
No person shall interfere with the operation of City utilities by obstructing access to utility meters in any way. The City may remove any obstruction and tax the cost to resident at the address served by the meter.

Section 705.040 Reconnection After Disconnection.

[CC 1988 §27.030; Ord. No. 1736 §2(27.030), 12-8-1998; Ord. No. 1812 §1, 6-27-2000; Ord. No. 2013-09 §1, 2-12-2013]
In the event that any utility service is or has been disconnected and discontinued due to non-payment of the utility service bill, the consumer thereof shall have the right to have the same reconnected and continued only upon the payment of a twenty dollar ($20.00) service charge plus the payment of any past due bill and payment of any current bill. The City Clerk may waive this fee.

Section 705.050 Disputes.

[CC 1988 §27.040; Ord. No. 1812 §1, 6-27-2000]
The City Clerk is designated as the customer service representative to hear all disputes. The City Clerk is empowered to adjust customer bills in any way he/she deems appropriate, except as provided above.

Section 705.060 Voluntary Discontinuation of Service.

[CC 1988 §27.050; Ord. No. 1812 §1, 6-27-2000; Ord. No. 1913 §2(27.050), 9-23-2003; Ord. No. 2009-46 §1, 11-24-2009]
When there is a change of ownership, or if a renter is vacating a property, consumers wishing to discontinue the use of any utility service furnished by the City shall give written notice thereof to the City. Failure to do so shall render such consumers liable for the payment of all bills incurred until such notice has been given.
Upon receipt of written notice of disconnection, a final reading will be taken and the renter or responsible consumer will receive a final bill showing usage since last reading and giving credit for the deposit. From the time of the final reading, and after a final bill is sent, a monthly bill will continue to be generated to the property owner or as specified in Section 700.030.
When there is a voluntary discontinuance of service at rental properties, the meter will be locked or disconnected at the time of the final reading. Service will not be restored until a new deposit is made and new reading taken.


[Ord. No. 2013-33 §§1—2, 11-26-2013]
Pursuant to Section 250.140, RSMo., services provided pursuant herein shall be deemed to be furnished to both the occupant and owner of the premises receiving such service. The City of Eldon, or other duly authorized entity rendering such services, shall have power to sue the occupant or owner, or both, of such real estate in a civil action to recover any sums due for such services less any deposit that is held by the City for such services, plus a reasonable attorney's fee.
Notwithstanding any other provision of this section to the contrary, when an occupant is delinquent more than ninety (90) days, the owner shall not be liable for sums due for more than ninety (90) days of service.

Section 705.070 Unauthorized Connection or Meter Tampering.

[Ord. No. 1913 §3(27.051), 9-23-2003]
No connections to the City utilities shall be made except as authorized by the City. This shall include:
Anyone attempting to restore service after disconnection, whether voluntary or involuntary, for non-payment.
Anyone attempting to connect new service without first making proper application and paying necessary deposit and tap fees.
In the event the City must disconnect any unauthorized service, it is hereby declared the cost of such removal is fifty dollars ($50.00) which shall be born by the person making the unauthorized service.

Section 705.080 Adjustments Due To Leaks.

[CC 1988 §27.060; Ord. No. 1812 §1, 6-27-2000]
In the event that a leak should occur on the customer's side of the meter, the City Clerk shall be empowered to reduce the bill in an amount he/she determines to be directly related to the amount leaking prior to the discovery. Reduction shall only occur upon receipt of a bill from a licensed plumber or supply receipts from the customer with the dates legibly printed on the bill or receipts.

Section 705.090 Rules For Furnishing Water.

[CC 1988 §27.070; Ord. No. 1267, 12-9-1986; Ord. No. 1812 §1, 6-27-2000]
The following rules and regulations for the furnishing of water by the City of Eldon, Missouri, to customers outside the corporate limits be and the same are hereby ordained and enacted.
Any person, firm or corporation outside the corporate limits desiring to purchase water from the City shall make application therefor to the City Clerk, and it shall be the duty of the Water Superintendent to investigate the practicability of furnishing water to the proposed location.
If the requested tap is a single service and is located on a lot or area directly contiguous with the existing City limits, then the Water Superintendent shall have authority to approve the tap. If the requested tap is for more than one (1) service or is located on a lot or area not contiguous to the existing City limit, then the Board of Aldermen shall have authority to approve the tap.
Upon approval of the proposed location, such consumer shall construct at his/her own expense all necessary water lines, except for the water meter, from said location to the corporate limits, and the water capacity of said lines, the quality of same, and the manner of construction shall be subject to the approval of the Water Superintendent.
It is hereby expressly declared and ordained that the City shall not construct or pay any part of the cost of construction outside the City limits, except that the City shall install, own, repair and maintain the water meters in the same manner as within the corporate limits, and except that the City may assume the additional cost of the installation of any line in excess of the minimum required to serve the immediate need of the user or subdivider. If any such consumer shall refuse to allow the authorized employees of the Water Department to inspect, repair or replace said meters at reasonable times, then the City Clerk shall have the power to refuse the further sale of water to such consumer.
Each such consumer shall pay the same water tap fee and meter deposit as may be charged from time to time to consumers within the corporate limits.

Section 705.100 Water Deposit Required — Amount.

[CC 1988 §27.080; Ord. No. 1812 §1, 6-27-2000; Ord. No. 2135 §1, 9-9-2008]
A water deposit required of all users according to the following schedule:
Residential in-town (owner)
Residential out-of-town (owner)
Residential in-town (renter)
Residential out-of-town (renter)

Section 705.110 Transfer of Deposit Prohibited.

[CC 1988 §27.090; Ord. No. 1812 §1, 6-27-2000]
A transfer of deposit shall be permitted in the case of death, divorce, or change in ownership and/or control of a property at the discretion of the City Clerk. The City Clerk shall require a new/updated application in the case of transfer. No transfer shall be permitted from location to location.

Section 705.120 Deposit Required Prior To Connection.

[CC 1988 §27.100; Ord. No. 1812 §1, 6-27-2000]
Deposits must be paid in full prior to water connection or water will be disconnected if already connected.

Section 705.130 Schedule of Charges.

[CC 1988 §27.140; Ord. No. 1396 §1, 4-24-1990; Ord. No. 1422 §1, 1-8-1991; Ord. No. 1812 §1, 6-27-2000; Ord. No. 1850 §1, 12-11-2001; Ord. No. 2158 §1, 11-10-2008; Ord. No. 2010-32 §1, 7-13-2010; Ord. No. 2010-54 §1, 11-9-2010]
Water Rates. The following shall be the water rates for the City of Eldon:
Monthly Minimum Rate*
Volumetric Rate**
(Per 1,000 Gallons)
Meter Size
¾ inch — 1 inch
1½ inch
2 inch
3 inch
4 inch
*Monthly minimum rate includes 0 — 1,000 gallons of metered water consumption and is applicable to all residential, commercial, or industrial users of the City's water system.
**The volumetric rate is charged per one thousand (1,000) gallons of water consumption in excess of the first one thousand (1,000) gallons included in the monthly minimum rate.
***Multi-residential (apartment complexes, duplexes, condominium buildings, etc.) and multi-commercial (office/retail complexes, etc.) properties not individually metered by unit shall be billed the monthly minimum rate per unit equal to the equivalent meter size plus the volumetric rate at the per one thousand (1,000) gallon rate based on water consumption in excess of the first one thousand (1,000) gallons per unit.

Section 705.140 Amount of State Primacy Fee.

[CC 1988 §27.150; Ord. No. 1812 §1, 6-27-2000; Ord. No. 2052 §1, 8-22-2006]
The charge assessed against each customer of the City utility as established by the State is determined on the basis of meter size as stated below. The City shall use its records to determine the initial fee which, unless challenged within thirty (30) days after the date the fee becomes delinquent, shall be conclusively presumed to be accurate.
Meter Size
1 inch or smaller
$ 3.00 per year
Larger than 1 inch and less than or equal to 2 inches
$ 7.44 per year
Larger than 2 inches and less than or equal to 4 inches
$41.16 per year
Larger than 4 inches
$82.44 per year
The amount collected for each month shall be one-twelfth (1/12) of the above fee.