Uniform Construction Code — See Ch. 160.
[1997 Code § 273-1; Ord. No. 19-97]
As used in this chapter, the following terms shall have the meanings indicated:
- CONSTRUCTION OFFICIAL
- Includes the Construction Office of the City of Absecon or any duly authorized employee of the Construction Office of the City of Absecon.
- DEMOLITION, CONSTRUCTION or EXCAVATION
- Includes only such demolition and construction as requires the issuance of a municipal building permit and only such excavation as requires the breaking or disturbing of the ground by motor-driven machinery, for nonagricultural use.
- Includes any person, persons, partnership, firm, association, corporation and the owner of buildings subject to demolition, construction or excavation.
- REAL ESTATE PREMISES
- Includes any vacant land or structure, whether public or private or whether adapted for vacant land, occupancy or non-occupancy or as residential; for transaction of business; for rendering of professional services; for amusement; for display, sale or storage of goods, wares or merchandise; for the housing of animals; and for the storage of feed for animals; lands used as a repository for animal wastes; and all outhouses, sheds, barns and other structures on premises intended for demolition, construction or excavation.
- REPUTABLE PROFESSIONAL EXTERMINATING FIRM
- Includes persons, sole proprietorships, partnerships, firms, associations or other business entities engaged in rodent elimination or eradication by use of rodenticides approved by the New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection.
- RODENT EXTERMINATION
- Includes the elimination or eradication of rats and/or mice on said real estate premises such that said real estate premises are completely freed of such rodents or there is not evidence of rodent infestation.
[1997 Code § 273-2; Ord. No. 19-97; Ord. No. 06-98]
It shall be the duty of any person engaged in the demolition, construction or excavation of any real estate located in the "A" Flood Zone Hazard as indicated on the Flood Hazard Boundary Map H-01 and The Flood Insurance Rate Map I-01, issued April 23, 1976, Community No. 340001B for the City of Absecon by the Department of Housing and Urban Development to first secure the proper permits from the Absecon City Construction Office before commencement of such demolition, construction or excavation.
It shall be the duty of any person engaged in the demolition of any real estate premises within the entire City limits of the City of Absecon to first secure permits from the Absecon City Construction Office before commencement of such demolition.
Before issuing such permits for demolition, construction or excavation of any real estate premises, the Construction Official shall have received a certificate from a reputable professional exterminating firm stating that the premises is not infested with rats and/or mice. It shall be the responsibility of the person requesting the permits to obtain any rodent extermination necessary to cause the certificate of non-infestation to be issued.
Demolition, construction or excavation must commence within 30 days of the issuance of the certificate of non-infestation.
Notwithstanding the issuance of any permits in the event that evidence of reinfestation of the real estate premises is discovered then, prior to any demolition, construction or excavation, the foregoing provisions of this chapter shall apply, and a new certificate of non-infestation will be required before any demolition, construction or excavation can begin.
[1997 Code § 273-3; Ord. No. 19-97]
Any person who shall violate any provision of this chapter shall, upon conviction, be liable to a penalty of not more than $500 nor less than $50.