Cross Reference — As to permitted use in a zoning district, §405.220.
[R.O. 2006 §625.010; CC 1978 §51.010]
The following terms as used in this Chapter, unless the context otherwise indicates, means and includes:
- The Board of Aldermen of the City of Warrenton, Missouri.
- The corporate limits of the City of Warrenton, Missouri.
- The City Clerk of Warrenton, Missouri.
- The City Collector of Warrenton, Missouri.
- Rags, paper, scrap, metal, old and wrecked motor vehicles, and machinery and any scrap or salvage collected for purpose of sale or resale or for purpose of dismounting or wrecking or for purpose of salvaging any part or parts therefrom.
- JUNK YARD
- Use of land for indoor and/or outdoor storage, keeping, abandonment, sale or resale of junk including scrap metal, automobile parts, rags, paper or other scrap materials, used lumber, salvaged house wrecking and structural steel materials and equipment, or for the dismantling, demolition or abandonment of automobiles, other vehicles, machinery or parts thereof. It shall also include any lot, lots or parcels thereof where two (2) or more vehicles which cannot be moved under their own power are gathered for a period longer than thirty (30) days.
- Individuals, partnerships, corporations and associations.
[R.O. 2006 §625.020; CC 1978 §51.020]
Any person engaged in establishing or operating a junk yard for the purpose aforesaid shall file with the Finance Officer an application for a license to transact such business under the provisions of this Chapter. The application shall state the nature of the business and a legal description of the premises on which the business is to be operated and a separate license shall be secured for each place, where a junk yard is to be conducted such as is defined and required to be licensed under the provisions of this Chapter, the Finance Officer may then issue to the applicant a license upon payment of an annual license fee of eighty-four dollars ($84.00) entitling the applicant to conduct a junk yard for the period of the licensed year or seven dollars ($7.00) per month for any unexpired portion thereof. No junk yard shall be operated within the City without a license so issued and no license shall be issued or renewed to any junk yard violating the provisions of this Chapter.
[R.O. 2006 §625.030; CC 1978 §51.030]
Every business licensed under the provisions of this Chapter and carrying on or conducting business under the license shall publicly post in a conspicuous place in or at the place of business licensed, the license issued by the City, the license to be kept so posted or displayed for inspection by any person.