[R.O. 2012 §116.010; Ord. No. 496 §1, 12-4-2001]
When used in this Chapter, the following words shall have the meaning indicated herein:
- The Real Property Tax Increment Allocation Redevelopment Act, Sections 99.800 through 99.865, RSMo., as amended.
- The Mayor and City Council of the City of Normandy, Missouri, acting in their official capacity.
- REDEVELOPMENT AREA
- An area designated by the City, in respect to which the City has made a finding that there exist conditions which cause the area to be classified as a blighted area, a conservation area, an economic development area, an enterprise zone pursuant to Sections 135.200 to 135.256, RSMo., or a combination thereof, which area includes only those parcels of real property directly and substantially benefitted by the proposed redevelopment project.
- REDEVELOPMENT PLAN
- The comprehensive program of the City for redevelopment intended by the payment of redevelopment costs to reduce or eliminate those conditions, the existence of which qualified the redevelopment area as a blighted area, conservation area, economic development area, or combination thereof, and to thereby enhance the tax bases of the taxing districts which extend into the redevelopment area. Each redevelopment plan shall conform to the requirements of Section 99.810, RSMo.
- REDEVELOPMENT PROJECT
- Any redevelopment project within a designated redevelopment area in furtherance of the objectives of the redevelopment plan.
- TIF COMMISSION
- The Tax Increment Financing Commission of the City of Normandy, Missouri, as authorized pursuant to Section 99.820 of the Act.
[R.O. 2012 §116.020; Ord. No. 496 §2, 12-4-2001]
There is hereby established a commission to be known as the "Tax Increment Finance Commission of the City of Normandy, Missouri" ("TIF Commission"). All members of the Commission shall serve without compensation.
[R.O. 2012 §116.030; Ord. No. 496 §3, 12-4-2001]
The TIF Commission shall serve as an advisory body to the City as it relates to the consideration of tax increment financing proposals submitted by interested parties or initiated by any public agency in accordance with the Act. The TIF Commission shall hold public hearings and give notice pursuant to Sections 99.825 and 99.830 of the Act on proposed redevelopment plans, redevelopment projects and designation of redevelopment areas and amendments thereto. The TIF Commission shall vote on all proposed redevelopment plans, redevelopment projects and designations of redevelopment areas and amendments thereto within thirty (30) days following completion of a hearing on any such plan, project, designation or amendment and shall make recommendations to the City within ninety (90) days of a hearing referred to in Section 99.825 of the Act concerning adoption of or amendment to redevelopment plans, redevelopment projects and/or designation of redevelopment areas.
[R.O. 2012 §116.040; Ord. No. 496 §4, 12-4-2001]
The TIF Commission shall elect from among its number a Chairman, Vice Chairman and Secretary. Meetings of the TIF Commission shall be open to the public to the extent provided by law and a record of each meeting shall be kept. The TIF Commission shall have the authority to establish rules and procedures not in conflict with City ordinances or policies or the Act and shall meet as required to fulfill its obligations set forth in the Act.
[R.O. 2012 §116.050; Ord. No. 496 §5, 12-4-2001]
Membership on the TIF Commission shall consist of two (2) classes of members: City appointees and other appointees. The TIF Commission shall be composed of twelve (12) persons of which six (6) shall be City appointees and six (6) shall be other appointees. Regardless of class, each member of the TIF Commission shall have one (1) vote on all matters properly before it and shall participate in all deliberations of the TIF Commission without differentiation.
The City hereby creates a Commission consisting of twelve (12) persons to be appointed as follows:
Six (6) members appointed by the County Executive; notwithstanding any provision of law to the contrary, no approval by the County's Governing Body shall be required.
Three (3) members appointed by the Mayor with the approval of the City Council.
Two (2) members appointed by the school boards whose districts are included in the County in a manner in which the school boards agree.
Members appointed to the Commission created under this Section, except those six (6) members appointed by the County Executive, shall serve on the Commission for a term to coincide with the length of time a redevelopment project, redevelopment plan, or designation of a redevelopment area is considered for approval by the Commission. The six (6) members appointed by the County Executive shall serve on all such Commissions until replaced. The City shall send notice thereof by certified mail to the County Executive, to the school districts whose boundaries include any portion of the proposed redevelopment area, and to the other taxing districts whose boundaries include any portion of the proposed redevelopment area. The City shall also be solely responsible for notifying all other Cities, Towns, and Villages in the County that have tax increment financing districts and shall exercise all administrative functions of the Commission. The school districts receiving notice from the City shall be solely responsible for notifying the other school districts within the County of the formation of the Commission. If the County, school board, or other taxing district fails to appoint members to the Commission within thirty (30) days after the City sends the written notice, as provided herein, that it has convened such a Commission or within thirty (30) days of the expiration of any such member's term, the remaining duly appointed members of the Commission may exercise the full powers of the Commission.
Any Commission created under this Section, subject to approval of the Governing Body of the City, may exercise the powers enumerated in Sections 99.800 to 99.865, RSMo., except final approval of plans, projects and designation of redevelopment areas. The Commission shall hold public hearings and provide notice pursuant to Sections 99.825 and 99.830, RSMo.