City of Weldon Spring, MO
St. Charles County
By using eCode360 you agree to be legally bound by the Terms of Use. If you do not agree to the Terms of Use, please do not use eCode360.
Table of Contents
Table of Contents

Section 118.010 Adoption.

[Ord. No. 09-29 §1, 7-14-2009; Ord. No. 09-38, 12-8-2009; Ord. No. 13-02 §§1 — 2, 1-24-2013; Ord. No. 13-25 §§1 — 2, 10-24-2013]
Ordinance No. 09-29 adopted the Employee Policy Manual. This manual can be found on file in the City offices. Subsequently, this manual was amended by Ord. No. 09-38, 12-8-2009.

Section 118.020 Establishment of Policy.

[Ord. No. 13-06 §1, 2-28-2013]
The political subdivisions of the State of Missouri, Weldon Spring being such, based upon recent court rulings and Section 105.500 et seq., RSMo., are to establish a basic policy in regard to their employees in a collective bargaining process.

Section 118.030 Employees' Right To Join Labor Organizations.

[Ord. No. 13-06 §2, 2-28-2013]
Employees shall have the right to form and join labor organizations and to present proposals to the City relative to salaries and other conditions of employment through the representative of their choosing. No such employee shall be discharged or discriminated against because of his/her exercise of such right, nor shall any person or group of persons, directly or indirectly, by intimidation or coercion, compel or attempt to compel any such employee to join or refrain from joining a labor organization.

Section 118.040 Presentation of Proposals by Bargaining Representative.

[Ord. No. 13-06 §3, 2-28-2013]
Whenever such proposals are presented by the exclusive bargaining representative to the City, the City Administrator shall meet, confer and discuss such proposals relative to salaries and other conditions of employment of the employees of the City with the labor organization which is the exclusive bargaining representative of its employees in an appropriate unit. Upon the completion of discussions, the results shall be reduced to writing and be presented to the Board of Aldermen in the form of an ordinance, resolution, bill or other form required for adoption, modification or rejection.

Section 118.050 Appeals.

[Ord. No. 13-06 §4, 2-28-2013]
Issues with respect to appropriateness of bargaining units and majority representative status shall be resolved by the State Board of Mediation. In the event that the appropriate Board of Aldermen or any of the bargaining unit shall be aggrieved by the decision of the State Board of Mediation, an appeal may be had to the Circuit Court of the county where the administrative body is located or in a circuit court of Cole County. The State Board of Mediation shall use the services of the State Hearing Officer in all contested cases.