[HISTORY: Adopted by the Board of Trustees of the Village of Woodbury 4-23-2015 by L.L. No. 2-2015. Amendments noted where applicable.]
The purpose of this chapter is to provide basic standards governing the placement and removal of containers used for the disposal of solid waste, garbage, refuse and recycling on all residential lots located within the Town of Woodbury's Refuse District. Further purpose of this chapter is to ensure the safety and quality of life of all residents of the Village, and to protect the visual appearance of our community.
For purposes of this chapter, certain words and phrases shall be construed herein as set forth in this section unless it is apparent from the context that a different meaning is intended. When not inconsistent with the context, the present tense shall include the future, and words used in the plural shall include the singular and vice versa.
As used in this chapter, the following terms shall have the meanings indicated:
- Any receptacle used for the collection of materials as required by the Town of Woodbury.
- Any animal or vegetable refuse or waste matter capable of fermentation or decay.
- Any individual, partnership, association, firm, corporation or any and all combinations of individuals acting in concert.
- Discarded material which may be reclaimed, comprising solid waste consisting of newspapers, glass bottles and jars and metal food and beverage cans, plastics and such other materials as designed by resolution of the Village Board of Trustees.
- Discarded material, including paper boxes, bottles, tin cans, papers, rags, shoes, metal, rubber and wooden scrap and other material of the same general nature.
- A building or parcel of land having two or fewer dwelling units.
- A person residing in a residence.
- SOLID WASTE
- Materials or substances discharged, discarded or rejected as being spent, useless, worthless or in excess by the owner at the time of such discard or rejection, except sewage and other highly diluted water-carried materials or substances and those in gaseous form. Such waste shall include but is not limited to garbage, sludge, rubbish, ashes, incinerator residue, street cleanings, dead animals, offal, abandoned vehicles, agricultural waste, industrial waste, commercial waste and construction and demolition debris.
All materials to be collected shall be placed in a container at the curb in clear view not earlier than 3:00 p.m. the day before or later than 4:00 a.m. the day of scheduled collection. All such containers shall be removed from the curbs within a reasonable time after such collection and, in any event, not later than 24 hours after collection.
Enforcement of the chapter shall be the responsibility of the Code Enforcement Officer/Building Inspector.
These penalties may be recovered in a civil action in the Town of Woodbury Justice Court.