Town of Windsor, CT
Hartford County
By using eCode360 you agree to be legally bound by the Terms of Use. If you do not agree to the Terms of Use, please do not use eCode360.
Table of Contents
Table of Contents

Sec. 3-1 Fees.

[Code 1961, §§ —; Ord. of 3-9-1965; Ord. No. 73-2, 6-18-1973; Ord. No. 74-3, § 1, 4-15-1974; Ord. No. 81-5, §§ 1 — 10, 3-23-1981; Ord. No. 81-17, §§ 1 — 5, 9-21-1981; Ord. No. 82-1, §§ 1, 2, 6-21-1982; Ord. No. 86-7, §§ 1, 2, 6-16-1986; Ord. No. 89-1, § 1, 6-5-1989]
Cost of project. Building and trade permit fees shall be based upon the cost of construction and the materials to be supplied in connection with the project described in the permit. The owner or contractor shall supply the building official with an estimate of the total cost of the job covered under the permit. The owner or contractor may choose to apply for a blanket permit covering the fees for the trades.
Accepted value. The value of a project accepted by the building official shall, in no case, be less than the guidelines offered for Connecticut in the latest "Building Valuation Date Report" published by BOCA International.
Additional permit fees. Any proposed building that will exceed the threshold limit as defined in the General Statutes of the State of Connecticut, or any project that involves third party review, evaluation, or inspection, may be subject to additional permit fees to cover the cost of meeting the requirements of the State of Connecticut Building Code and Connecticut State Statutes.
Affidavit. On completion of construction, the owner or contractor shall, if so requested, furnish proof to the building official by affidavit of the final cost of the project, and the fee shall then be appropriately adjusted.
Rate of permit fees. All permit fees shall be charged at a rate to be established by the Town Council and published in the "Official Town Price Guide."
Exemption. The Town of Windsor shall be exempt from paying any fee pursuant to this section.

Sec. 3-2 Fire limits.

[Code 1961, §§ 3.01.301.0 — 3.01.301.11; Ord. No. 70-2, § 1, 4-6-1970; Ord. No. 73-1, 2-19-1973]
As authorized in the state Building Code, certain fire district sections therein shall read as follows:
"Section 301.0. Fire district subdivisions. For the purpose of controlling the use and construction of buildings, the Town is divided into Fire District No. 1 and Outside Fire Limits."
"Section 301.1. Fire District No. 1. Fire District No. 1 shall comprise all business and planned urban development zones areas as shown on the official zoning map of the Town, except that the designated residential areas contained in the planned urban development zone shall not be included as being within Fire District No. 1. Any property rezoned or reclassified as business or planned urban development zones shall be within Fire District No. 1 by virtue of said rezoning or reclassification."
"Section 301.3. Outside Fire Limits. All other areas not included in Fire District No. 1 shall be designated as Outside Fire Limits."

Sec. 3-3 Insurance during sign construction.

[Code 1961, § 3.02.02; Ord. of 8-21-1961]
Every person securing a permit to erect a sign over an established building line, shall furnish evidence to the building department of adequate public liability insurance coverage to the limits provided by the Town to be in effect for the period of construction.

Sec. 3-4 through Sec. 3-6. (Reserved) [1]

Editor's Note: Former Sections 3-4 through 3-6, originally adopted as Title 3, Chapter 5 of the 1961 Code and §§ 3.05.01 and 3.05.02 of the 1961 Code, were repealed 9-16-1985 by § 1 of Ord. No. 85-3.

Sec. 3-7 Building on unpaved and unaccepted streets.

[Code 1961, § 13.11.01]
No building permit shall be issued for any building, other than a building to be used for agricultural purposes, upon any lot, plot or parcel of land which does not have frontage on an accepted and paved street or highway unless approved by the Town plan and zoning Commission and a bond or cash security has been posted, or, benefits have been assessed by the Council for improvement of such street or highway, or, some other financial arrangement approved by the Town Manager has been made, to assure the repayment to the Town of the cost, or any part of the cost, for improving such street or highway as the Town may bear; except that nothing in this section shall prohibit the issue of a building permit for any garage or other building accessory to any existing principal building on any lot, or plot or parcel of land, or for an addition to any existing building or for the replacement or repair of any existing building which may be destroyed or damaged by fire, explosion, windstorm or other such accidental or natural cause, provided such replacement or repair is undertaken within two years of such destruction or damage.

Sec. 3-8 Condominium conversion; protection for elderly, blind, physically disabled, and low-income tenants. [1]

[Ord. No. 81-16, §§ 1 — 3, 9-21-1981]
Income limits. The income limits for the protection of blind, elderly or physically disabled lessees under Section 1(b) of Public Act 80-370 are set at $18,000 for single persons and $21,000 for married persons jointly with spouse. These income guidelines reflect the maximum limit provided by Public Act 80-370.
Relocation assistance. In accordance with Section 5 of Public Act 80-370, the declarant of a condominium conversion must pay moving and relocation expenses to each tenant not purchasing a unit, provided that the tenant's income does not exceed 175% of the federal poverty guidelines. In cases where the tenant's monthly rent is less than $500 a minimum of $500 must be paid by said declarant.
Applicability of state law. The requirements of the state condominium laws are fully applicable.
Editor's Note: Former Section 3-8, adopted 1-7-1980 by §§ 1 and 2 of Ord. No. 80-1, which required notice to tenants on the conversion of condominiums, was repealed 9-21-1981 by § 1 of Ord. No. 81-15.

Sec. 3-9 through Sec. 3-19. (Reserved)