The charge for water service is set by Village Board resolution. All rates will be referenced from the Village of Springville Rate Table and are subject to change, as determined by the Village Administrator.
The rates for metered water service to customers located outside the Village limits for each monthly period shall be 200% of the rates specified in § 193-81 hereof.
A security deposit equal to the total of three months' average water rate charge shall be required for each current and future water customer in order to qualify or continue to qualify for service at a premises outside the Village.
The amount of deposit for each such customer shall be reasonably determined and redetermined from time to time by the Village Clerk. Such deposits shall be held by the Village in a common account to the credit of each customer and, after satisfaction of all outstanding water service charges, any balance remaining shall be returned to the customer without interest upon termination of water service to that consumer. In the event of a transfer of title to the premises being supplied with Village water, a new security deposit shall be determined and established by the Village Clerk in the name of the new owner.
The water customer may elect to make such deposit in one payment or it may be funded by making 10 successive monthly payments of 10% of such deposit as an additional charge on each month's water bill until the entire required security deposit has been made.
The foregoing security deposit requirement shall take effect for current customers 60 days after notice thereof has been mailed by the Village Clerk to the customer. Failure to make a single payment of the entire required deposit within 30 days of such notice shall be conclusive evidence of the customer's election to fund the deposit account by making successive monthly payments until that customer's security deposit account shall be fully funded.
The security deposit requirement for a new customer at the same service location shall take effect immediately and, unless funded by a single payment of the entire security deposit when the account is established, shall be funded by making 10 successive monthly payments of 10% of such deposit as an additional charge on each month's water bill until the entire required security deposit has been made.
Any real property outside the Village of Springville not currently served by municipal water from the Village of Springville shall not be provided Village of Springville water service except through an approved annexation into the Village of Springville or by being part of a water district, as contemplated by Article 12 of the New York State Town Law, within the Town of Concord.
Water service to any customer may be terminated at the direction of the Village Clerk whenever any water service charge, penalty, security deposit payment or other lawful charge or fee remains unpaid for 30 days after payment shall have become due. In the event that water service is terminated, a termination fee as established herein, or as otherwise provided from time to time by resolution of the Board of Trustees, shall be paid by or on behalf of the customer whose service was terminated before that customer's water service or a new customer's water service may be reinstituted at that same service location.
A monthly late payment penalty of 1 1/2% of the water rates established by the preceding sections shall be added to all accounts that are not paid before the end of the calendar month following the month in which each monthly billing period ends. The late payment penalty so added to such unpaid accounts shall be compounded and assessed for each calendar month or part thereof that an account remains unpaid until the first day of May in each year, at which time the amount of all unpaid water bills together with all late payment penalties shall be included by the Board of Trustees in the annual tax levy upon the respective parcels of real property in the Village to which such unpaid water bills relate.
The following words when used in this article shall have the following meanings:
- CONNECTION EXPENSE FEE
- The fee charged to compensate for the Village's cost to make the physical connection of the customer's private service line to the public water main; this fee shall include the connection inspection fee.
- CONNECTION INSPECTION FEE
- The fee charged for the cost of the Village's inspection of the physical connection of a service location to the Village water system.
- The owner(s) of the real property being provided with water; does not include a tenant or other occupant of the real property using the water unless that occupant is the legal owner of the real property.
- REINSTITUTION OF SERVICE FEE
- The fee charged for the cost of resuming service to the same customer at the same service location.
- REPAIR TERMINATION FEE
- The fee charged to compensate for the cost of terminating service at a service location necessitated by the customer's faulty connection or water service line or at the request of the customer so that repairs can be made to the customer's connection to the Village water system or to the customer's other waterlines.
- SERVICE LOCATION
- The customer's building or other structure or place on the real property receiving water service from the Village through a single water meter.
- TERMINATION FEE
- The fee charged to compensate for the cost of terminating service at a service location for nonpayment of service charges or rates.
- VOLUNTARY TERMINATION FEE
- The fee charged for terminating service at a service location at the request of the customer for reasons unrelated to connection repair or service line repair or nonpayment of water rates.
The billing periods, late payment penalties, deposit amounts, service fees, water rates, water service charge components and rate structure established in this article may be changed from time to time by resolution of the Board of Trustees after a public hearing has first been held before said Board of which at least three days' notice shall have been given by publication in the official Village newspaper.