[Ord. No. 16-06 §I, 4-14-2016]
Purpose. The purpose of this Article is to:
Application. This Article shall apply to all premises served by the public drinking water system of the City of Billings.
This Article will be reasonably interpreted by the Water Purveyor. It is the Purveyor's intent to ban the use of lead-based material in the construction or modification of the City's drinking water system or private plumbing connected to the City system. The cooperation of all consumers is required to implement the lead ban.
If, in the judgment of the Water Purveyor or his authorized representative, lead-based materials have been used in new construction or modifications after January 1, 1989, due notice shall be given to the consumer. The consumer shall immediately comply by having the lead-based materials removed from the plumbing system and replaced with lead-free materials. If the lead-based materials are not removed from the plumbing system, the Water Purveyor shall have the right to discontinue water service to the premises.
[Ord. No. 16-06 §II, 4-14-2016]
The following definitions shall apply in the interpretation and enforcement of this Article:
- The owner or person in control of any premises supplied by or in any manner connected to a public water system;
- LEAD-BASED MATERIALS
- Any material containing lead in excess of the quantities specified in the definition of "lead free."
- PUBLIC DRINKING WATER SYSTEM
- Any publicly or privately owned water system supplying water to the general public which is satisfactory for drinking, culinary and domestic purposes and meets the requirements of the Missouri Department of Natural Resources; and
- WATER PURVEYOR
- The owner, operator, or individual in responsible charge of a public water system.
[Ord. No. 16-06 §III, 4-14-2016]
No water service connection shall be installed or maintained to any premises where lead-based materials were used in new construction or modifications of the drinking water plumbing after January 1, 1989.