[Ord. 254, 12/12/1994, Art. 1, § 1]
- ACT 146
- The Act of December 13, 1988, P.L. 1190, No. 146, codified as the First and Second Class County Property Tax Relief Act, 72 P.S. § 4749.1 et seq.
- BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS
- The Board of Commissioners of Allegheny County.
- Allegheny County.
- DEPARTMENT OF PROPERTY ASSESSMENT
- The Department of Property Assessment, Appeals, Review and Registry of Allegheny County.
- FIRST AND SECOND CLASS COUNTY PROPERTY TAX RELIEF ACT
- See the definition of "Act 146" above.
- An increase in market value of a property as a consequence of the refurbishing of other residences or the construction of new residences in long-established residential areas or areas of deteriorated, vacant or abandoned homes and properties throughout the County.
- GENTRIFICATION PROGRAM
- The granting to longtime owner/occupants of a principal residence of a tax exemption for that portion of the increase in market value exceeding 5% from the previously established market value due to gentrification.
- LONGTIME OWNER/OCCUPANT
- Any person who for at least 10 continuous years has owned and has occupied the same dwelling place as a principal residence and domicile or any person who for at least five years has owned and occupied the same dwelling as a principal residence and domicile if that person received assistance in the acquisition of the property as part of a government or nonprofit housing program.
- A natural person.
- PRINCIPAL RESIDENCE
- The dwelling place of a person including the principal house and lot and such lots as are used in the connection therewith which attribute to its enjoyment, comfort and convenience; or a building with a maximum of one commercial establishment and a maximum of three residential units of which one residential unit must be the principal residence of the longtime owner/occupant.
- The Township of Leet.
[Ord. 254, 12/12/1994, Art. 1, § 2]
Any increase in the market value of real estate constituting the principal residence of a longtime owner/occupant which exceeds 5% from the previously established market value shall be considered to be attributable to gentrification and shall be exempted from the payment of Leet Township real property taxes. Any increase in value attributed to physical improvements of the property constituting the principal residence of a longtime owner/occupant shall not be exempted from Leet Township real property taxes.
[Ord. 254, 12/12/1994, Art. 1, § 3]
The term of the exemption granted under § 24-502 of this subpart shall be for 1 tax year and subsequent years; however, if the market value of the property constituting the principal residence of a longtime owner/occupant is increased by more than 5% in a subsequent year, the longtime owner/occupant will be required to reapply for participation in the gentrification program.
[Ord. 254, 12/12/1994, Art. 1, § 4]
Any person paying property taxes in the Township may apply to the Department of Property Assessment and the Township for certification as a participant in the gentrification program authorized under this subpart. In order to be eligible for participation in the gentrification program established herein the following conditions must be met:
[Ord. 254, 12/12/1994, Art. 1, § 5]
The County Department of Property Assessment shall have authority to issue rules with respect to the administration of the gentrification program established under this subpart. Such rules and regulations shall include, but not be limited to, proof of residence, method of application for participation in the gentrification program and such other reasonable requirements and conditions as may be necessary to operate the gentrification program. The Township of Leet hereby incorporates those rules and regulations by reference thereto.