[Ord. 1-97, 2/12/1997; § 101]
This chapter shall be known as the "Lower Oxford Township Swimming Pool and Bathing Facilities Ordinance."
[Ord. 1-97, 2/12/1997; § 102]
The purpose of this chapter shall be to promote, protect and facilitate the public health and safety when constructing and using public and private bathing facilities such as ponds, swimming pools, hot tubs and spas.
[Ord. 1-97, 2/12/1997; § 103]
The provisions of this chapter shall be held to be the minimum requirements to meet the above stated purpose.
[Ord. 1-97, 2/12/1997; § 104]
Unless otherwise expressly stated, the following words and phrases shall be construed throughout this chapter to have the meaning indicated in this section. The present tense includes the future, the singular number includes the plural, and the plural the singular; the masculine gender indicates the feminine and neuter.
- BATHING FACILITY
- A man-made pond or pool, spa or hot tub.
- FARM PONDS
- A nonmasonry depression in the ground located on a parcel of at least 25 acres, either natural or man-made, used by the owner or possessor thereof for the primary purpose of fire safety, water storage or animal stock watering, and primarily not used by any party for recreational purposes.
- PONDS AND POOLS
- A man-made structure located in or above the ground which contains or is capable of containing at least 200 cubic feet of water at a depth in excess of 18 inches.
- SPAS AND HOT TUBS
- A type of exterior pool, located in or above ground, used for recreational or therapeutic use and designed for immersion by the user. A spa or hot tub does not have its contents drained after each use.
- A private or commercial telephone, power, sewage, water, TV cable pipe and/or line, or septic system.
- WADING POOL
- A plastic type pool which when full does not exceed 18 inches water depth and which is completely emptied when not in use. A wading pool is exempt from the provisions of this Part.