[HISTORY: Adopted by the Town Meeting of the Town of Suffield 3-25-1969 (§ 2-1 of the 1987 Code). Amendments noted where applicable.]
The following described Seal shall be the Official Seal of the Town: Perfect concentric circles forming a border and embracing within them, in an arc in the upper half, the words "Seal of the Town" and, in an arc in the lower half, the words "Suffield, Connecticut"; in the center, a shield in which is shown the sun shining upon a representation of the Connecticut valley and the Connecticut River; atop the shield, a representation of the first meeting house in Suffield and an oak tree representing the Charter Oak; to the left of the shield, an early settler of the Town; to the right of the shield an Indian, the earliest inhabitant of the settlement; and below the shield, the inscription "Settled in 1670," surmounted by tobacco leaves representing an early and important product of the Town. The border within the two concentric circles forming the margin of the Seal shall be blue; all inscriptions shall be in black; the pictorial representation shall be in colors appropriate to the subjects they represent; and all the foregoing shall be upon a white background.
An original drawing of the Seal, made in conformity with the provisions of this chapter, shall be filed with the Town Clerk not less than 60 days following the adoption of this chapter and shall be preserved by the Town Clerk in a suitable depository among the archives of the Town.
The Seal of the Town shall be used only under the direction and with the approval of the chief executive officer of the Town or of the Town Clerk, for purposes related to the official business of the Town; provided, however, that the chief executive officer or the Town Clerk may authorize and approve reproduction of the Seal for memorials and educational purposes.