[HISTORY: Adopted by the Village Board of the Village of Grafton by Ord. No. 013, Series 2005 (Title 16, Ch. 16.24, of the 1979 Code). Amendments noted where applicable.]
The purpose of this chapter is to provide for compliance with § 70.32(1), Wis. Stats., which requires that all properties that are issued building permits within the Village of Grafton are field reviewed, described and valued by "actual view." Each building permit requires assessment personnel to initially process existing records or create new records, physically review on site the purpose of each building permit to document all property description additions and/or alterations, and process the information gathered in the field to determine an assessed value.
For the purpose of this chapter, the following terms and words shall be interpreted as having the following meanings:
- COMMERCIAL OR INDUSTRIAL BUILDING
- A building or structure that houses a business or industrial use, enterprise or activity at a greater scale than home occupation or involving the manufacturing of, distribution of, retail or wholesale marketing of, goods or services.
- DWELLING UNIT
- A single unit providing complete, independent living facilities for one or more persons, including permanent provisions for living, sleeping, cooking and sanitation.
- MULTIFAMILY RESIDENTIAL BUILDING
- A single building or structure containing more than one dwelling unit under single ownership and in which the owner rents or leases the right to occupy any of the dwelling units to a tenant(s).
- Used by occupants as a home, abode, domicile or dwelling that has housekeeping and cooking facilities for the occupants only. A residential property may have multiple dwelling units.
- RESIDENTIAL CONDOMINIUM
- A multiple dwelling or development containing individually owned dwelling units and jointly owned and shared areas and facilities.
Every person receiving an approved building permit from the Village in which said permit requires the Village Assessor to physically view on site any descriptive property change in an effort to maintain the property record shall pay a property record maintenance fee in accord with § 16.24.040.
[Amended by Ord. No. 004, Series 2008; Ord. No. 005, Series 2009; 3-21-2016 by Ord. No. 003-2016]
The schedule of fees imposed in this chapter may be adjusted at any time when costs are increased by the State of Wisconsin Department of Revenue or the Village assessment contractor.