[HISTORY: Adopted by the Board of Trustees of the Village of Dering Harbor 11-2-1971 by L.L. No. 7-1971. Amendments noted where applicable.]
As used in this chapter, the following terms shall have the meanings indicated:
- Entering upon private property without the previously given consent of the owner or occupant for the purpose of:
- A. Vending, peddling or soliciting orders for any merchandise, device, book, periodical or printed matter;
- B. Requesting alms or a subscription or contribution for any person or organization;
- C. Distributing any handbill, tract, notice or advertising material; or
- D. Selling or distributing any ticket or chance.
Soliciting is prohibited in the Village of Dering Harbor and no person shall solicit therein; provided, however, that this chapter shall not apply to a person who has been a bona fide resident of or maintained a place of business in the Village of Dering Harbor or the Town of Shelter Island for a period of at least six months last past the date of the act of soliciting in the Village, nor to the representative of such resident or proprietor duly authorized to net for the principal.
[Amended at time of adoption of Code (see Ch. 1, General Provisions, Art. I)]
A violation of this chapter shall constitute an offense, and any person found to be guilty of such violation shall be subject to a fine of not to exceed $250.
This chapter shall take effect immediately.