[HISTORY: Adopted by the Township Council of the Township of East Brunswick 2-22-71 as Ord. No. 71-14-D as Sec. 11-13 of the Revised General Ordinances. Amendments noted where applicable.]
As used in this chapter, the following terms shall have the meanings indicated:
- Any building or structure, or part thereof, formerly used, presently used or to be used for human habitation, use or occupancy, and includes any accessory buildings and appurtenances belonging thereto or usually enjoyed therewith.
- The Director of Health and Welfare of the Township of East Brunswick or his agents.
- The elimination of rodents, insects and other pests from any building, lot, premises or commercial vehicle through the use of traps, poisons, fumigation or any other method of extermination acceptable to the Director.
- Any condition which provides shelter or protection for rodents, insects and other pests.
- INSECTS AND OTHER PESTS
- Include the members of class Insecta and such members of the phylum Arthropoda as spiders, mites, ticks and centipedes.
- Shall be as defined N.J.R.S. 1:1-2.
- PERSON IN CONTROL
- The owner or part owner of a building, lot, premises or commercial vehicle; or any person properly authorized to exercise powers of or for an owner of property for purposes of its purchase, sale, use, occupying or maintenance; or any other person who has the use or custody of the property or any part thereof.
The presence of rodents, insects and other pests within the Township of East Brunswick is hereby prohibited. All buildings, lots, premises or commercial vehicles shall be kept free from rodents, insects or other pests and from conditions conducive to rodents, insects or other pest life.
When any building, lot, premises or commercial vehicle is subject to infestation by rodents, insects and other pests, the person in control shall apply continuous eradication measures.
When the Director makes the determination that a building, lot, premises or commercial vehicle is infested by rodents, insects or other pests, the person or persons in control shall take such eradication measures as the Director considers necessary.
The accumulation of rubbish, debris and disused combustible and noncombustible waste material is prohibited. All garbage shall be handled as in Chapter 114 of the Code of the Township of East Brunswick.
All building material, lumber, boxes, cartons, barrels, containers, machinery, raw material, fabricated goods, junk, food, animal feed and any other substance which may afford harborage or provide food for rodents, insects and other pests shall be kept, stored or handled in a manner acceptable to the Director. Structural harborages which cannot be eliminated shall be periodically uncovered and inspected.