For the purposes of this chapter, unless the context clearly indicates a different meaning, the terms hereinafter set forth shall be defined as follows:
- CAPITAL IMPROVEMENT
- A governmental acquisition of real property or major construction project.
- COMPLETE APPLICATION
- An application form completed as specified by ordinance and
the rules and regulations of the municipal agency and all accompanying
documents required by ordinance for approval of the application for
development, including, where applicable, but not limited to a site
plan or subdivision plat, provided that the municipal agency may require
such additional information not specified in the ordinance or any
revisions in the accompanying documents as are reasonably necessary
to make an informed decision as to whether the requirements necessary
for approval of the application for development have been met. The
application shall not be deemed incomplete for lack of any such additional
information or any revisions in the accompanying documents so required
by the municipal agency. An application shall be certified as complete
immediately upon the meeting of all requirements specified in the
ordinance and in the rules and regulations of the municipal agency
and shall be deemed complete as of the day it is so certified by the
administrative officer for purposes of the commencement of the time
period for action by the municipal agency.[Added 2-26-1980 by Ord. No. 80:3]
- CONCEPT PLAN
- A site plan submitted by an applicant for the purpose of
an optional, informal and nonbinding review of a proposed development
by the Planning Board.[Added 3-14-2000 by Ord. No. 2000:6]
- CONDITIONAL USE
- A use permitted in a particular zoning district only upon a showing that such use in a specified location will comply with the conditions and standards for the location or operation of such use as contained in the Zoning Ordinance, and upon the issuance of an authorization therefor by the Planning Board.
- Calendar days.
- The legal or beneficial owner or owners of a lot or of any land proposed to be included in a proposed development, including the holder of an option or contract to purchase or other person having an enforceable proprietary interest in such land.
- The division of a parcel of land into two or more parcels; the construction, reconstruction, conversion, structural alteration, relocation or enlargement of any building or other structure or of any mining, excavation or landfill; and any use or change in the use of any building or other structure or land or extension of use of land, for which permission may be required pursuant to the Municipal Land Use Law. 
- DEVELOPMENT REGULATION
- A zoning ordinance, subdivision ordinance, site plan ordinance, official map ordinance or other municipal regulation of the use and development of land or amendment thereto adopted and filed pursuant to the Municipal Land Use Law. 
- FINAL APPROVAL
- The official action of the Planning Board and Board of Adjustment, when applicable, taken on a preliminary approved major subdivision or site plan after all conditions, engineering plans and other requirements have been completed or fulfilled and the required improvements have been installed or guaranties properly posted for their completion, or approval conditioned upon the posting of such guaranties.
- GOVERNING BODY
- The chief legislative body of the municipality.
- INTERESTED PARTY
- In a criminal or quasi-criminal proceeding, any citizen of the State of New Jersey; and, in the case of a civil proceeding in any court or in an administrative proceeding before a municipal agency, any person, whether residing within or without the municipality, whose right to use, acquire or enjoy property is or may be affected by any action taken under the Municipal Land Use Law, or whose rights to use, acquire or enjoy property under said law or under any other law of this state or of the United States have been denied, violated or infringed by an action or a failure to act under the Municipal Land Use Law. 
- Includes improvements and fixtures on, above or below the surface.
- A designated parcel, tract or area of land established by a plat or otherwise as permitted by law and to be used, developed or built upon as a unit.
- MAJOR SUBDIVISION
- Any subdivision not classified as a minor subdivision.
- MASTER PLAN
- A composite of one or more written or graphic proposals for the development of the municipality as set forth in and adopted pursuant to N.J.S.A. 40:55D-28 of the Municipal Land Use Law.
- The chief executive of the municipality.
- MINOR SITE PLAN
- A development plan of one or more lots which proposes new
development within the scope of development specifically permitted
by ordinance as a minor site plan; does not involve planned development,
any new street or extension of any off-tract improvement which is
to be prorated pursuant to Section 30 of this Act (N.J.S.A. 40:55D-42);
and contains the information reasonably required in order to make
an informed determination as to whether the requirements established
by ordinance for approval of a minor site plan have been met.[Amended 2-26-1980 by Ord. No. 80:3]
- MINOR SUBDIVISION
- A subdivision of land for the creation of no more than three
lots; provided that such subdivision does not involve a planned development,
any new street or the extension of any off-tract improvement, the
cost of which is to be prorated pursuant to Section 30 of the Municipal
Land Use Law (N.J.S.A. 40:55D-42).[Amended 2-26-1980 by Ord. No. 80:3; 3-14-2000 by Ord. No. 2000:6]
- The Township of Parsippany-Troy Hills.
- MUNICIPAL AGENCY
- The Municipal Planning Board or Board of Adjustment or governing body when acting pursuant to this chapter.
- OFFICIAL COUNTY MAP
- The map, with changes and additions thereto, adopted and established, from time to time, by resolution of the Board of Chosen Freeholders of the county pursuant to N.J.S.A. 40:27-5.
- OFFICIAL MAP
- A map adopted by ordinance pursuant to N.J.S.A. 40:55D-32.
- PARTY IMMEDIATELY CONCERNED
- For purposes of notice, any applicant for development, the owners of the subject property and all owners of property and government agencies entitled to notice under § 225-32.
- A map or maps of a subdivision or site plan.
- PRELIMINARY APPROVAL
- The official action of the Planning Board taken after sketch plat approval and before final approval. "Preliminary approval" also means the conferral of certain rights pursuant to § 225-16 of this chapter prior to final approval after specific elements of a development plan have been established and also means the first stage of approval of a major site plan.
- The majority of the full authorized membership of a municipal agency.
- The further division or relocation of lot lines or any lot or lots within a subdivision previously made and approved or recorded according to law; or the alteration of any streets or the establishment of any new streets within any subdivision previously made and approved or recorded according to law, but does not include conveyances so as to combine existing lots by deed or other instrument.
- SITE PLAN
- A development plan of one or more lots on which is shown the existing and proposed conditions of the lot, including but not necessarily limited to topography, vegetation, drainage, floodplains, marshes and waterways; the location of all existing and proposed buildings, drives, parking spaces, walkways, means of ingress and egress, drainage facilities, utility services, landscaping, structures and signs, lighting and screening devices; and any other information that may be reasonably required in order to make an informed determination pursuant to ordinance requiring review and approval of site plans by the Planning Board.
- SKETCH PLAT
- A sketch map indicating the proposed layout of a subdivision and related information that is of sufficient accuracy to be used for the purpose of discussion and classification.
- The division of a lot, tract or parcel of land into two or
more lots, tracts, parcels or other divisions of land for sale or
development. The following shall not be considered subdivisions within
the meaning of this chapter if no new streets are created: divisions
of land found by the Planning Board or Subdivision Committee thereof
appointed by the Chairman to be for agricultural purposes, where all
resulting parcels are five acres or larger in size; divisions of property
by testamentary or intestate provisions; divisions of property upon
court order, including but not limited to judgments of foreclosure;
consolidation of existing lots by deed or other recorded instrument;
and the conveyance of one or more adjoining lots, tracts or parcels
of land owned by the same person or persons and all of which are found
and certified by the administrative officer to conform to the requirements
of the municipal development regulations and are shown and designated
as separate lots, tracts or parcels on the Tax Map or atlas of the
municipality. The term "subdivision" shall also include the term "resubdivision."[Amended 2-26-1980 by Ord. No. 80:3]
- Permission to depart from the literal requirements of the Zoning Ordinance as provided for in this chapter.
Editor's Note: The former definition of "application for development," which immediately followed this definition, was repealed 2-26-1980 by Ord. No. 80:3.
Editor's Note: See N.J.S.A. 40:55D-1 et seq.
Editor's Note: See N.J.S.A. 40:55D-1 et seq.
Editor's Note: See N.J.S.A. 40:55D-1 et seq.