The Planning Board of the Town of Monroe declares that these regulations for the subdivision of land for various purposes have been promulgated to provide for the orderly growth and coordinated development of the Town of Monroe and to assure the comfort, convenience, safety, health and welfare of its people, and further that the approval of such subdivisions shall be based on the following considerations:
Recognition of a desirable relationship to the general land form, its topographic and geologic character, to natural drainage and surface water runoff and to the groundwater table.
Recognition of desirable standards of subdivision design, including adequate provision for pedestrian and vehicular traffic, for surface water runoff and for suitable building sites for the land use contemplated.
Provision for such facilities as are desirable adjuncts to the contemplated use, such as parks, recreation areas, school sites, firehouses and off-street parking.
Preservation of such natural assets, such as ponds, streams, shrubs and trees.
Provision of adequate utility services.
Provision for a procedure to inspect all public improvements adjunct to the contemplated use which affect the health, welfare and safety of the residents of the Town of Monroe in order to ensure that said public improvements will be constructed in a timely fashion, with due sensitivity to the environment, in a manner consistent with the plans approved by the Planning Board, and without undue burden on the residents of the Town of Monroe.
[Added 12-4-2000 by L.L. No. 5-2000]
[Amended 10-3-1994 by L.L. No. 2-1994]
Through the authority granted by § 276 of the Town Law and by resolutions adopted by the Town Board on September 5, 1947, November 7, 1947, December 6, 1957, and July 3, 1959, the Planning Board of the Town of Monroe is authorized and empowered to approve preliminary and final plats showing lots, blocks or sites, with or without streets or highways, to approve the development of plats already filed in the office of the County Clerk prior to the appointment of the Planning Board, if such plats are entirely or partially undeveloped as that term is defined in § 276 of the Town Law.
By resolution adopted by the Town Board on October 9, 1968, and pursuant to the authority granted by § 278 of the Town Law, for the purpose of enabling and encouraging flexibility of design and development of land in such a manner as to promote the most appropriate use of land, to facilitate the adequate and economical provision of streets and utilities and to preserve the natural and scenic qualities of open land, the Planning Board is authorized and empowered, simultaneously with the approval of plats, to modify applicable provisions of Chapter 57, Zoning, subject to the conditions set forth in § 278 of the Town Law for all lands outside the limits of any incorporated village within the Town which are zoned for residential purposes.
To the extent not inconsistent herewith, the provisions of Article 16 of the Town Law of the State of New York are incorporated herein by reference.